• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rear end collision...car question

ladypanther

Got hit by another car while stopped a traffic light. I got a pretty good jolt...knocked my glasses off and I found the hat I was wearing in the backseat. I have at least some minor whiplash.

But....wondering about the car. No visible damage except a scratch on the bumper. (I was surprised and relieved...it felt like I was creamed.) Drove away ok. Could there be some damage I don't know about?

I have a Subaru Baja....AWD.

Sounds like you were wacked pretty good. I've been hit twice like that, but neither was very bad. The first time was in my lifted Jeep Cherokee and my hitch put a 4" square hole in the lady's front bumper. The second time a guy just kind of bumped me in line when his foot slipped off the brake.

Sounds like you were hit fairly hard... I would have a mechanic check the bumper for internal damage and have him check the transmission and frame... and maybe the gas tank for leaks, but it's probably fine.

did you not report this?

Sure did. It was at a busy intersection..Had about 6 police cars before it was over. Found the other driver out cold (it appeared) slumped over the steering wheel. She had her seat belt on and air bag did not deploy. Wondering if she had a problem before the accident that caused it. When I left she was on her way to the hospital.

Sure did. It was at a busy intersection..Had about 6 police cars before it was over. Found the other driver out cold (it appeared) slumped over the steering wheel. She had her seat belt on and air bag did not deploy. Wondering if she had a problem before the accident that caused it. When I left she was on her way to the hospital.

well it is obviously her fault eventhough she couldnt help it. I would get every nook and cranny checked out at a body shop since you dont have to pay for anything. hell, if u find something on the rear of your car that wasnt caused by the crash you should get that fixxed too.

I'd get yourself and your car checked bigtime. The condition of the other driver, as cold as it may sound, is in your favor. It shows that she obviously wacked you pretty hard, damage to the car or not. Whiplash isn't something to mess with, your neck is pretty important!!!!!!

Archived