• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All the right moves?

invisible38833

Here is my last take on what happened over the past few days. Not many are saying this, but Delhomme HAD to go. With the labor laws we were able to escalate the $12MM (that we got by letting go of the other 4) and be done with his deal. Under a new agreement we would have had $4Mm next year and $3mm the next guranteed. It was the right thing to do. the problem was that we gave it to him. Richardson has to be pointing his finger and FURNEY!!! As for Lewis and Kemo... I liked what I saw from Leonard and Tyler. We gave up draft picks to get them. I think they will not do that much less then Lewis and Kemo in my opinion.Plus Ed Johnson has been hurt. he is also young and Meeks knows what he can do. I think we are going to be just fine there. Diggs was interesting. Not sure I really see the point especially since you redid the deal right after the season. Huh?? But Anderson and Conner probably can get the job done.I was impressed with Anderson. The biggest question is this: We went 4-1 down the stretch. Outside of Peppers(big one here) and Lewis, who else that we have let go had anything to do with that success. Not Much! So, I am not too worried. I think if Johnson and Brown get 75% of the snaps they will put up 7-10 sacks each. Leonard had 1 sack in 2 games. About the same as Lewis all year. So I leave this post with two questions:

WR: What in the world are we doing?

FB:Brad Hoover are checking your phone? I think you need to keep it close. You my friend are over the age limit of still being on this team.You might want to start looking at who needs a FB.

Here is my last take on what happened over the past few days. Not many are saying this, but Delhomme HAD to go. With the labor laws we were able to escalate the $12MM (that we got by letting go of the other 4) and be done with his deal. Under a new agreement we would have had $4Mm next year and $3mm the next guranteed. It was the right thing to do. the problem was that we gave it to him. Richardson has to be pointing his finger and FURNEY!!! As for Lewis and Kemo... I liked what I saw from Leonard and Tyler. We gave up draft picks to get them. I think they will not do that much less then Lewis and Kemo in my opinion.Plus Ed Johnson has been hurt. he is also young and Meeks knows what he can do. I think we are going to be just fine there. Diggs was interesting. Not sure I really see the point especially since you redid the deal right after the season. Huh?? But Anderson and Conner probably can get the job done.I was impressed with Anderson. The biggest question is this: We went 4-1 down the stretch. Outside of Peppers(big one here) and Lewis, who else that we have let go had anything to do with that success. Not Much! So, I am not too worried. I think if Johnson and Brown get 75% of the snaps they will put up 7-10 sacks each. Leonard had 1 sack in 2 games. About the same as Lewis all year. So I leave this post with two questions:

WR: What in the world are we doing?

FB:Brad Hoover are checking your phone? I think you need to keep it close. You my friend are over the age limit of still being on this team.You might want to start looking at who needs a FB.

can't get rid of hoov until he actually get the starter spot taken away from him by some1 that can actually play FB.

Fiammetta can play it and honestly Sutton wasn't too bad either when he tried it. You might be right, but we are taking chances in other places too.

JR saved a lot of money by cutting these guys and they were expendable. Hoov is only making around $860,000 and is an integral part of our run game. He also is on the last year of his deal so no labor agreement issues to worry about with his deal.

Once again the absolute importance of Hoover to this team is underestimated. Hoover is not going anywhere. Fiametta will be his future replacement but not this year, Hoover is the key to the running game which is the key to keeping Matt Moore on his feet and successful.

Once again the absolute importance of Hoover to this team is underestimated. Hoover is not going anywhere. Fiametta will be his future replacement but not this year, Hoover is the key to the running game which is the key to keeping Matt Moore on his feet and successful.

This, Fiametta just isnt ready yet.

Archived