• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wr/qb/de

invisible38833

Ok so with all that we have done, we now find outselves in need of these three positions. Hopefully Richard Marshall will not leave, so that this is it. So, what in the world is Mr.Richardson doing? Is he tossing aside 2010? Kevin Walter is now gone, we can't get Brandon Marshall, We could have gotten Bolden, but they didn't want to give up the pics or money, Bryant is probably asking for too much and TO is too old.So... my guess is that they are going use the same motto as they did with the DT, youth will have to work.Unless they think that the home town cheap discount for Torry Holt will make the average fan happy. (i'd rather have moose back). As for QB,Pennington is back in Miami so there is no one left. The FA market is crap. My guess is that they will wait out Cleveland the let Derek Anderson go and they will try for him since Davidson is familar with him. Then they will draft McCoy if he is there in the second round or waste a later pick on The Golden Calf of Bristol. Don't count that out. Finally at DE.I think they love the speed of E.Brown and H.taylor. I also believe that Charles Johnson is ready. However, I don't understand why they don't want Brayton back unless he wants to long term of a deal. Leonard Little is direct opposite direction from the youth movement. With their picks I can't see them helping themselves here. Lets face it. JR has seen the schedule. He knows it is much easier and he knows that the main piece of this team outside of Peppers is still in tact. He thinks he can get by and still shoot for post season play and then decide is Fox my man or is it Cowher.

Then The Golden Calf of Bristol willbe the man in the 4th or later round. I hate it, but he fits the quality of character they like and they will feel the risk is limited with a later pick if he is still there.

I would too in the 4th but The Golden Calf of Bristol wont make it out of the 2nd. That is a bit to early for him. Lets not forget we used a 4th on a FB last year, worst case we do it again. His intangibles are worth the risk in the 4th by a long shot to me.

I'm telling you, don't count it out... The front office is doing a 180 degree turn from last year

I'm in the camp that doubts that Fox will take a QB early. With Fox being a lame duck coach, he needs players that can contribute immediately. Heck, he might not even be here beyond this season, so I don't see any way he uses a valuable early pick on a developmental guy that likely won't have any impact for at least a year or two. Remember, Fox is coaching for a new contract, whether that is here or someplace else, so needs to do whatever he can to win right away. Therefore, he will want to bring in players that can help the team THIS year...even if it's just on ST.

The earliest I can see a QB being picked is the 4th round, and that's only if Fox really likes his potential, and expects and wants to get an extension with the Panthers after this season. If JR hasn't privately given Fox an indication he prefers to extend him, or if he simply feels it is time to move on, then I do not see Fox sacrificing an immediate contributor in order to help the Panthers out in the future.

Archived