• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone spent time in South Korea?

love2hateroy

Spent a year of my life there... Try all of the food... Some of it is great while some isn't! Also... Don't ever spend your money on buying juice for women at the bar. It is way overpriced and you won't get anything more than conversation from them!

Where are you going?

Spent a year of my life there... Try all of the food... Some of it is great while some isn't! Also... Don't ever spend your money on buying juice for women at the bar. It is way overpriced and you won't get anything more than conversation from them!

Where are you going?

Thanks! I'm going to be in Suwon, which is a little south of Seoul. Been there?

Whenever you have to deal with the locals, make sure you push up the outside corner of your eyes (preferably with the middle digits)...they get a kick out of it.

If I would have read this not knowing you were a Heel fan, I would have thought it was much funnier. :)

Got a job recently that will require me to spend a couple months out of the year there. Little nervous about it since I've never been and don't speak the language! Anyone been there and have an opinion (good or bad) for me? Thanks! :)

http://www.rosettastone.com/offer/msnbt10/kor

Even for 2 months a year, learn Korean. Much easier to communicate with people that you come in contact with.

Kimchee- Korean cold slaw. VERY Good!

http://www.rosettastone.com/offer/msnbt10/kor

Even for 2 months a year, learn Korean. Much easier to communicate with people that you come in contact with.

Kimchee- Korean cold slaw. VERY Good!

I've been told that kimchee is just fermented cabbage. Doesn't sound great, but I'm going to try whatever is in front of me while I'm there. I'm going to try to learn some of the language, but I've heard Korean is particular in pretty miserable to learn.

Archived