• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With Jake Gone, and Moore at the Helm..

I'd rather Fox not touch Moore. In Fox's game plan style, Moore and his potential abilities will not thrive and most certainly won't grow. To me Moore plays much differently than Jake, which will become much more obvious under another coach. Like I have said over and over Fox needs a Qb with intangibles because Fox can't give him much direction himself. So Fox would have to coach like he's not Fox to be able to really use Moore as an advantage. He stated earlier he plans on continuing as usual and has the same plan no matter what time attitude...no surprise.

The summary is I really don't think Moore meshes well with Fox's style. There is more to him than that.

Moore makes our current offense much more deadly. There is no problem with the philosophies that fox has. I would just like for him to learn when to be aggressive. We always bitch about how other targets are not being utilized on offense but I wonder how much of that had to do with Jake than it did Davidson or Fox. Moore's going to open up alot of doors for the team I think. If he can continue his success of last season than our defense should be much more rested, Smitty will get better looks because Jarrett and other targets will start catching balls. Etc.. etc..

It is hard to see things clearly thanks to Jake.

Regardless, Fox is reaching the 10 year benchmark and with an uncapped year on the horizon I think anything short of the playoffs with a decent record, or Fox is out. Which will be more of a feat than it sounds, since they are cutting all these vets and most likely going to FA and will have a lot of fresh players.

This is most likely Fox's last year.

Personally, I think it would be healthy for the team and best for the teams future if he isn't here any longer even if he does alright.

I'm now willing to see what Fox can do...

The biggest fault I had with Fox besides his conservative coaching is the way he buries talent for veterans. It looks like JR is forcing Fox to do something I always wondered if he can do...develop talent. We have a very young team now. The WR, QB, DT, and DE positions need to be coached. Honestly, I like the talent we have there...No more favoritism...everyone gets a true equal chance now. Love it.

John Fox must feel like he is in hell now. No Delhomme and no veterans!

Archived