• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Cardinals want a fucking third for Boldin

Fiz

I know how they work, but I thought he was not under contract.
he's under contract for 2010 and slated to be an FA in 2011.

his salary for 2010 is $3mil. whatever team trades for him will get that contract with him. what they do beyond that is up to the new team and boldin but the new team could keep him at that $3mil if they wanted.

i could see giving him a 2-3 year deal worth $7mil/year. that would put him on par with the likes of andre johnson, chad johnson, reggie wayne and a little above greg jennings. he won't get fitz money and he doesn't deserve that. injury history alone would prevent that. still, $7mil a year would be a lot more respectable than the $3 he's getting now.

Yes. We are going to send a third round pick for an unrestricted free agent.

Does Boldin have the makeup to be second fiddle? Look at his health issues that popped up AFTER Fitz came on the scene.

I would think he wants to be THE #1 WR

well, when him and Fitz are healthy and on the field......the argument could be made he has often been the better WR. He is a beast. Smith is getting older and imo a guy is 1b. is a nice compliment. I don't think we need speed like Smitty suggest but just a flat out good WR across from him. Boldin would be the perfect compliment......but given Carolina's situation and there are more than a handful of teams that would be more appealing to him and want him just as badly.

What everyone is missing here is he would be the #1. Almost every team doubles or triples Smith still to this day. Do you really think Bolden would not take advantage of that? AZ worked very hard to keep Fitz out of doubles but Carolina seems happy to just let Smith be doubled all the time. A good WR on the other side would take advantage of that.

The trade is still not gonna happen cause JR is being a tight ass this year.

What everyone's missing here is Arizona averaged 37.1 passing attempst per game vs. Carolina's 29.1.

In 2008 (Boldin's last full year)

Smitty had 78 receptions.

Boldin had 89.

Heck, Breaston had 77.

That's the reason it's tough for us to have 2 #1's

Archived