• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Cardinals want a fucking third for Boldin

Fiz

I swear, DT is not a big need...

It's not as bad as WR. We don't have amazing talent at DT but at least there is depth and we can let 7 players out to get the best 5.

At WR we have the Amazing smitty who will be taken away when he's triple covered. The Aging Moose who can only do so much. And everybody's favorite bush Dwayne Jarrett. A team needs at least 2-3 capable WR's to be SB and we only have 1.

Adding Boldin would be a huge lift to the entire offense. Suddenly we can sign Moose back because he won't have to do the job of a #2. We can afford to wait for Jarrett to blossom. Matt Moore's job is 5 time easier which makes it eaiser to make the decision to start him. We can grab a KR/PR late because he won't need to pull double duty as a #2.

Sign Boldin and we can go straight defense in the draft which would be huge considering we need all hands on deck to replace peppers.

My only concern is that Boldin wants to be a #1. Smitty said in his "we need a fast WR" he'd be able to take a step back for a younger guy...but maybe he'd be willing to share the spotlight with Q. Making Boldin, or Marshall for that matter, our #2 would look GREAT in fans' eyes...but those two dudes want to be THE main event.

too bad our coach is in a lame duck year and is tempted to start Jake........pretty sure no legit WRs are itching to come here.

the FO or coaching isn't going to tell us poo. This franchise will never tell the fans like it is. They aren't going to tell us what the think about the draft, FA, the offseason or anything like it. We only know how they feel when they act. And Actions speak louder than words.

I honestly believe that Moore will be starting week 1. Any FA they talk too will get the straight talk. JR does not give a rat's ass about letting us know how they feel.

singing: "he'll be coming down home to miami when he comes......he'll be coming home to miami when he comes......he'll be coming home to miami, he'll be coming home to miami, he'll be coming down home to miami when he commmmeeesssss"

woot!

Seriously no one cares about Miami and how you think every free agent is gonna be a phin...

I'll just have to agree to disagree with respect to Boldin... I think our WR help will come from a draft that is deep in it...

Agreed, we need to get wr's in the draft but its takes time for WR's to develop in the NFL.

The panthers MUST get wr's in free angency!!

Either one big name or two smaller names-...i think iVE said this before

WALTERS AND BREASTON !!!!!!

I'll just have to agree to disagree with respect to Boldin... I think our WR help will come from a draft that is deep in it...

why draft a WR in the 3rd or 2nd when you could get a guarranteed star at WR for one of those picks. He's 30 but that gives him about 5 years left. Great recievers usually play well into their 30's. They only get better and better at routes and how to school DB's. Moose is a dinosaur but he can still get behind guys because of his veteran savvy.

I wouldn't trade him for multiple picks but definately for a 3rd. Maybe a 2nd, not quite sure on that one.

I would totally trade for a 3rd(prob not going to happen). Sign Boldin, use the uncapped year to give him a nice bonus with a cap friendly salary. Trade down 2nd round pick, get a DT/FS 2nd and SLB 3rd. Sign a decent DE in FA. SUUUUUUUPEEEEEEERBOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWLLLLLLLLLL.

Agreed, we need to get wr's in the draft but its takes time for WR's to develop in the NFL.

The panthers MUST get wr's in free angency!!

Either one big name or two smaller names-...i think iVE said this before

WALTERS AND BREASTON !!!!!!

Walters meh.

Breaston would require a 1st we don't have.

For every star, however, are five Dwayne Jarretts. Deep or not, an established vet is what we need right now since we have no clue if there will be football in 2011. We still need to draft one, but our #2 needs to know what the hells he's doing before he even gets the playbook.

I'd trade a 2nd

I wouldn't...he's old and injury prone. A 3rd is about all I'd give for him and if it was between us moving up to get Tate or Bryant or trading for Boldin I'd move up to get the younger receiver. With our luck we'd sign him to a big deal and he'd strain his hammy the first week.

#1, if a third is all they want, some other team will offering them much more than that. There will be a lot of offers. He's disgruntled sure, but he isn't a big risk. He'll get signed immediately via more than a third.

#2, I think this year's draft is unusually deep at WR. I don't think looking at talent there would result in another DJ. I prefer working on a young WR for the future. Smitty is right, he needs youth opposite him. Not saying I'd dislike seeing Boldin in a Panthers uniform... I just don't think it's totally necessary.

Archived