• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yanks vs Oranje Today

holmes49er

The Yanks take on the Oranje today at 2:30p on ESPN2.

This will be a nice test of the Men's Nation team before the World Cup starts in South Africa in June.

The last few friendly matches the Yanks have been without their European based players and had poor showings against El Salvador (2-1 W on stoppage time goal), Honduras (1-3 L), Denmark (1-3 L), and Slovakia (0-1 L).

Let's hope the US can put on a strong showing against a perennial powerhouse, the Netherlands (FIFA Ranking 3rd). Our European based players will be back for this match, by the end of the day we should have a better idea of how the US might fair in June.

Let's go Yanks! Time to serve warning to the world - DTOM - Don't Tread On Me!

Back in the mid nineties I was in Louisville with a Dutch dude doing a big install. After work we hurried to a sports bar to see the Orange team play in the World Cup and it was interrupted to show a white Bronco driving down a highway, it was pretty funny.

Too late of a recovery....:boxing_smiley: :D

Dutch cwg. Oh and thanks for this thread. Totally forgot* takes food to breakroom and kicks out all the Judge whatever watchers*

No problem, I looked for a thread on the match before posting. I thought there were a few soccer fans on the board who might be interested!

I didn't expect to beat the Dutch.

Meanwhile, Eng is 1-1 with Egypt. But i don't think Rooney is even playing. Oh and that capt fiasco..

I didn't either pstall, just hopeful of a nice showing.

As I typed this GOAL USA!! Nice to get on the board before the end of the match!

Carlos Bocanegra (89)

Yeah England is a mess, they will get it together for the tournament though.

I would not mind seeing the Dutch lift up that cup at the end, if not us.

We REALLLLLLLLLLLLY need Clint back.

Yeah I don't hold any grudges towards the Dutch. One of the best national teams to have never won a cup, so I could see pulling for them.

Just to prove no hard feelings I'll probably partake in a few Heineken tonight! :D

Archived