• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My first bout with Ageism...

Panthro

This is shocking... :eek: No, not really...

I don't get that at gyms... There's a lot of people in the gym that I go to and I don't really see much of that. Maybe it's because I turn my MP3 player on and mind my own business.

To be fair, I don't wear my wedding ring when I work out.

Actually i don't wear it much at all right now because I'm having an allergic reaction to it. Good thing I'm not one that believes in signs :)

Hats off to Epi running that much. I just loathe running. All those years of soccer practice ruined me.

Joined a new gym tonight to get more cardio going and sweat some when I can't play sports and get the blood pressure down some.

I pretty much don't like running at all, but I REALLY don't like being fat and unhealthy.

For awhile I had to quit running and just use an elliptical because I got runners knee and my bad ankle from HS started getting squirrely on me all of a sudden.

I gradually was able to run again, but not on the pavement outside like I like, only on the 'mill, seems to absorb the shock on the old creaky joints better.

Anyway, it is hitting the weights that I struggle with the most on the days between runs.

They're just so damn heavy.

And 0600 seems to come earlier and earlier. Must be all the quakes.

I turn 30 next year. I already have 2 wrinkles on my face, found my first gray hair last week and I find myself constantly putting up with an ache or pain.

I'll be pretty bummed when I turn 30, I'm already working on getting over it. I know life doesn't end blah blah blah but I still bummed at the idea of getting wrinkly and saggy.

Thats not bad.I had gray hair when I was 16.:frown:

I pretty much don't like running at all, but I REALLY don't like being fat and unhealthy.

For awhile I had to quit running and just use an elliptical because I got runners knee and my bad ankle from HS started getting squirrely on me all of a sudden.

I gradually was able to run again, but not on the pavement outside like I like, only on the 'mill, seems to absorb the shock on the old creaky joints better.

Anyway, it is hitting the weights that I struggle with the most on the days between runs.

You have a HS with one of those newfangled rubber surfaces? Not as bad on the knees, I just hate the treadmill, my stride is wider than most of them and youtube clips sometimes ensue when I'm watching the tube at the same time.

To be fair, I don't wear my wedding ring when I work out.

Actually i don't wear it much at all right now because I'm having an allergic reaction to it. Good thing I'm not one that believes in signs :)

My wife complains that I don't wear mine enough... I haven't tried "I'm allergic to it" yet... :D

I don't wear mine in the gym because it hurts my hand and would be destroyed in the first workout by the bars...

Maybe that's why all those young perky college girls are always bothering me... :rolleyes:

:lol:

I don't run much either... the knees complain too much. I have to wear those straps to play b-ball or my patella tendons really, really hurt.

You have a HS with one of those newfangled rubber surfaces? Not as bad on the knees, I just hate the treadmill, my stride is wider than most of them and youtube clips sometimes ensue when I'm watching the tube at the same time.

So that is normal huh? I have a hard time controlling my planter faciitis but when it is feeling ok, it is still hard for me to run on the treadmill for that same reason (wide stride..I even walk that way). I know one day I would step to far to one side and face plant on the thing.

What gym did you join? I rejoined Peak just a couple of weeks ago and pretty much hate it. My son enjoys the child care but their fitness classes suck imo and I keep getting hit on by douchebags (i guess you get what you pay for). I'm thinking I will cancel my membership this week (thankfully i didn't sign a contract) and either join a new gym or just go back to doing dance classes.

Sports and Fitness. Corporate discount. I think they have 4-5 locations and one near my house and one uptown work fine.

The one on South Blvd has a bball court and they are connected with Charlotte Sports on Harris. I met the guy who owns all of that years ago via soccer when it was just an idea. I wanted to have bball courts where you pay as you play but I didn't have the backing he did.

I haven't played enough hoops during the winter but that's about to change but I'm thinking hard about playing soccer once a week too so that will up the miles per week.

Good luck

Not a bad idea, though I would have to avoid school hours since they have those places on lock-down these days.

My wife complains that I don't wear mine enough... I haven't tried "I'm allergic to it" yet... :D

I don't wear mine in the gym because it hurts my hand and would be destroyed in the first workout by the bars...

Not having it on has got me in trouble a few times. But i truly am allergic to it. I alter hands with it for a while but eventually both fingers have such severe reactions that they start bleeding and itching.

Archived