• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Please help a brotha out nerds

pstall

Finally got my home pc back with the new motherboard. Hook everything up and restart it.

When it first boots up you see all the script stuff etc, then the light is green on the monitor.

Then you get the Windows XP logo yada yada yada..then I get the no signal and then the light is orange.

I can hear the windows sound effects it's back on but can't see squat.

What in the wide world of sports is going on? thanks in advance

Finally got my home pc back with the new motherboard. Hook everything up and restart it.

When it first boots up you see all the script stuff etc, then the light is green on the monitor.

Then you get the Windows XP logo yada yada yada..then I get the no signal and then the light is orange.

I can hear the windows sound effects it's back on but can't see squat.

What in the wide world of sports is going on? thanks in advance

Variety of things it could be, graphics drivers, graphics card, couple of issues with the processor it could be that the proc heatsink isn't seated right or the processor could be overheating that was my issue a few months ago with my fiance's computer. Definitely see if you can update drivers first before you replace any hardware.

Sounds like a communication problem with the monitor and newly installed motherboard. I would agree with the others, update the drivers for the monitor and see if that works. I would also check all cables and make sure there are no loose connections or bad wires.

The display is adjusting to a resolution or frequency that is not supported.

Boot into safe mode and see if it works.

aha..i did notice in the first boot up the words looked a bit different/ i will go the safe mode route and see what happens.

Cold bev of your choice and location if this works

I'd simply call whoever replaced the motherboard. They're supposed to have it working, including having the right drivers and BIOS settings, and it's not. They have to have booted it to be sure it did come up as it should before returning it to you.

But if you don't feel like doing that ......

Boot into the BIOS settings and check the video setting. It could be that your new board doesn't have the onboard video but the BIOS defaulted back to that setting if your original board did. Or your new board does have video onboard and you can try setting the BIOS for that, move your connection, and see if it boots okay to fix the graphics card. You'll be able to see the BIOS settings if you can see the boot up script.

Still, I'd call the tech that replaced the board first.

Archived