• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I'm going to the NC State Capital next week

pstall

Tell the NC Unemployment Office that delays in getting unemployment checks out to people because "There are so many people filing for unemployment and we are so under-staffed" is not an acceptable excuse to so many unemployed people.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!

I have now officially met my first person from the Carolina Huddle... pstall had someone get in touch with me before his crew left town...

Check this out though!

That motherfuger is almost as badass as me! He got into a debate with one of our scientists over the whole creation thing and stuff about dinosaurs just after he and I finished talking... It ended up with him threatening to beat up said scientist with a replica of a T-Rex's femur, which he had already removed from it's display... Security almost called the police, but I had to step in and diffuse the situation...

He's a cool cat though, and I look forward to seeing him again along with many of you, should I ever find my way to a Huddle tailgate...

Our crew walked from Amtrak to the State Capitol. As we got closer there was a heated protest going on. One side FOR health care reform and the other side against. Not sure if either side was for a particular plan or against but it was loud and chippy. TV crews, cops the whole deal.

Some kids were asking what was going on and I told them, guys..THIS is Democracy.

But I had to contain myself because I wanted to go up to both sides and quiz them on the ins and outs because I had a feeling both were ill informed on their own stances.

But, awesome trip and both the Science Muse and NC History was great. Even saw a guy that is in the NC Baseball HOF that I might be related to.

I highly suggest doing this at some point if you can.

Our crew walked from Amtrak to the State Capitol. As we got closer there was a heated protest going on. One side FOR health care reform and the other side against. Not sure if either side was for a particular plan or against but it was loud and chippy. TV crews, cops the whole deal.

Some kids were asking what was going on and I told them, guys..THIS is Democracy.

But I had to contain myself because I wanted to go up to both sides and quiz them on the ins and outs because I had a feeling both were ill informed on their own stances.

But, awesome trip and both the Science Muse and NC History was great. Even saw a guy that is in the NC Baseball HOF that I might be related to.

I highly suggest doing this at some point if you can.

LOL I saw those protests on the news last night... I had wondered if you guys had walked through it at any point... There is usually some sort of protest going on... The best was this woman standing on the corner with a sign claiming that the government had implanted a tracking chip into her body... If I see her again, I'm gonna ask her if she knows CatofWar, Chucktown, or venom...

Archived