• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not being a big player in free agency? JESUS CHRIST DIE JERRY RICHARDSON YOU BASTARD

Fiz

This year's Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints' list of free agent signees:

Drew Brees: Super Bowl MVP and Pro Bowler

Darren Sharper: Pro Bowler and in the running for DPOTY of a large chunk of the season.

Jonathan Vilma: Pro Bowler (although this was done through trade, still, trades are something else the elitists on the Huddle frown upon)

Jeremy Shockey: Key contributor (another trade, but still, the Saints are aggressive through trades, something the Huddle elitists frown upon)

Garrett Hartley: Absolutely golden throughout the playoffs

Mike Bell: Key contributor in the running game

Heath Evans: Yet another key contributor

Jabari Greer: Solid starting corner

Remi Ayodele: Another starter

Bobby McCray: ANOTHER solid starter

Scott Fujita: Another starter, another free agent acquisition

So the defending Super Bowl champions were built through free agency and great trades. So clearly...clearly...CLEARLY we should stand pat and not bother with free agency.

Read it all. There are like four separate butt hurt meltdowns in the thing.

Best is ak apologizing for blatant animal cruelty.

lol. I'm going to read it right now.

When I said "what if he really does have 8 more lives," I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I think I have a ghost in my house right now.

Is it trying to starve you?

Dont forget the Beast that we knew as Adam Meadows. Talk about robbing the bank.

Didn't he retire during training camp instead of staying on the roster all season and collecting a few more million.

If I am remembering this correctly he had a major hip problem and decided to retired and didnt just go on IR, or try to rehab during the season.

It will always be tough to out do the 5 year contract we gave to the Falcon's Chuck Smith. Those 2 games he played for us were stellar.

:lol: People always bring up Gilbert, but this deal might've been worse. Add in the fact he immediately left us and started working for the Falcons organization again. Chuck Smith hoodwinked the Panthers.

Fiz very good post!!!!

Though I don't agree with some of the things you write this one was on the money. For the most part we have not been very successful grabbing the "Top of the Line" Free Agent.

Our success has been with the player buried on a roster or a player drafted to a wrong scheme. Jake and Brayton being examples.

The question is, is there a WR somewhere out there that is stuck like Jake or Brayton. IMO WR'w are a bit harder to lose in a system. Most of them get an opportunity to show off before their contract is up. So unless you find a WR that signed with a team and then flopped and you are making him a reclaimation project. WR is not the place to go with Free Agency.

DT is a possibility but we already signed Johnson and I don't think we need to add any more to the mix. One or two of the ones we have won't be Panthers on opening day 2010.

I would rather see us put money into the players we already have and focus on getting WR help in the draft.

Go Panthers

Archived