• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not being a big player in free agency? JESUS CHRIST DIE JERRY RICHARDSON YOU BASTARD

Fiz

So where's the "Predict Peppers' new team's record" thread?

BTW, I agree 100% with the premise of this thread. And I can't believe you forgot David Carr.

listen i was hung over when i did this okay but I've written at length about david carr and it's much more complex than the dudes i listed.

like is he an idiot savant who worked his way up and will have a disney movie about him eventually or is he just an asshole?

He's a good guy. Just...not the typical career path of someone you want making those calls that can cost an owner millions of dollars is all. Marty Hurney was a sportswriter. I'm sure you knew that.

But then, to play devil's advocate, there are teams that have career NFL people in those positions who suck four out of every five years.

i don't really hold that against hurney because by and large I think he's done far more well than poorly.

also I don't want to poison the well for myself because I'm pretty confident if I had someone helping with the contracts I could be an nfl gm.

Why spend money on such guys?

We can get Breaston and Walters and put smitty in the slot!

Yeah, that's an idea, but I suspect that the Cards are going to do what they can to keep Breaston. Moreover, what are the chances that we would even be able to land both Breaston and Walter (if J-Rich would be inclined to do so, which he probably wouldn't)? I just don't see that scenario happening. About the only way that i see Smitty ending up in the slot is if we get Marshall, and even then I would doubt it. Smitty has too much speed, too many productive years left (whether 3 or 4) and makes too many big plays to justify him being the traditional slot receiver. I know that Smitty has a lot of heart, but I don't know if his aged body (NFL-wise) could take the wear and tear that slot receivers sometimes have to take.

I love our front office. The only 2 things that would change that would be:

1) Making Delhomme the starter

2) Trading DWill or JStew

Those are the only 2 things that would really change my attitude/opinion towards them. They're excellent drafters and good at evaluating talent. Name me a team that has more successful 1st rounders STILL ON THEIR ROSTER in the past decade than the Panthers. Gonna be hard to name more than a few, if that.

not in the least.

did he say why he hasn't returned? did he get deployed to canada or whatever noble battlefield it is the air force is patrolling?

He left in a huff over the way people objected to the honoring of Electro after he died. His last words were something to the effect of what a bunch of cliquish jerks he and Electro agreed were on this board. LOL

Archived