• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

idk how technical or in the weeds these hc interview get, but it would be super interesting if Canales broke down why Baker did not work here and what he did in Tampa to make him effective. I think that would go a long way with Tepp

That seems like a legit question and I bet it comes up rather quickly

• Pie 2

I figured Morris and Canales would get second interviews because they'd satisfy the two external in-person interviews required by the Rooney Rule. I think both are good candidates too. My #1 is still Ben Johnson (or Harbaugh, but seems that ship has sailed), but I'd honestly be happy with someone like Morris, Canales, or even Evero/Callahan. 

40 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

idk how technical or in the weeds these hc interview get, but it would be super interesting if Canales broke down why Baker did not work here and what he did in Tampa to make him effective. I think that would go a long way with Tepp

The answer would probably be something like, "Well first off, you went to this lunch where meatballs were served..."

• Pie 3

31 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

I had no idea Canales counted towards the RR. I was wondering what the plan was after they didn't interview Brian Johnson.

yep. his paternal grandparents were immigrants from mexico. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, rayzor said:

yep. his paternal grandparents were immigrants from mexico. 

I figured we’d through another external in there just so there wasn’t any gray area. Probably wrong, and that’s fine with me. 

Obviously we know we hope Ben Johnson comes in for another interview. That would be Johnson, Canales, Morris, and Evero getting second interviews. Maybe Slowik and one/both of the Ravens coordinators? Started with 11 maybe our list is cut down to 6-7

11 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Kind of disappointed Tepper didn't even get a interview with Harbaugh or BB.

Tepper wants a young and energetic coach.  Apparently part of Reich's demise was not being an emotional or rah-rah type of coach; so being older and even keeled isn't the combination Dave is seeking.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Tepper wants a young and energetic coach.  Apparently part of Reich's demise was not being an emotional or rah-rah type of coach; so being older and even keeled isn't the combination Dave is seeking.

Who do you think that HC is?

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Jim Harbaugh is even keeled?