• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's ready for God of War 3!!!

necroplasm

Bayonetta being a copy of GoW is pretty much like saying, "Look how ignorant I am."

Dante's Inferno was definitely a shameless ripoff and was terrible. Darksiders was ok, I thought. Copied a lot of stuff, but it was the combination that made it worthwhile.

Not comprehending what someone says is also pretty much like saying, "Look how ignorant I am."

I didn't say that Bayonetta was a copy of GOW. I said that about Dante's Inferno and Darksiders.

Although Bayonetta can't hold Kratos' jock, it was not a bad game. And it is way better than the piece of doodoo called Devil May Cry.

Either way you look at it, God of War sets the bar for these types of games. Whether you like it or not.

Either way you look at it, God of War sets the bar for these types of games. Whether you like it or not.

In terms of set pieces, I'd say it sets the bar for the entire industry. I just don't feel like the combat is as responsive as what the Japanese offer. One of the very few things they actually do better than Western developers. It plays like a fighting game. Makes sense because that's the only other genre Western developers don't have their hands on yet.

And I apologize for assuming you meant Bayonetta was a copy as well. It's just thrown around so much like that, and it's silly. But it was my error.

• 3 weeks later...

rented God of War 3 tonight to kill time in the hotel. took me 5 hours to get through what mycheats shows as the first two chapters and that was on easy. the game recommended i take the difficulty down a noch when i was having trouble with the Hippocamp. After that getting through the Hades level had a few little puzzle type things to do that made it take a while for me. it is almost two in the morning though and i've been drinking. Also i never knew how much difference a good tv makes for gameplay until now. i'm tempted to be a 30 day shopper at walmart for about a 27" hd.

Archived