• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shutter Island * don't worry no spoilers*

pstall

Its a thriller and pretty creepy and it gets into your own head a little.

Yep, that is the stuff that gets to me......horror/slasher films I just find stupid, it's movies like this that I can't handle. I bet I would love it if I survived without having a heartattack our throwing myself out a window half way thhrough it. My brain has a hard time processing that it is just a movie because those types of movies suck me in.

JR, it is the least scary movie I have ever scene, it's on par with Disturbia for scares; not scary and the "scary" parts you know are coming.

Was very disappointed with this movie. Totally met my expectations, which werent' very good going in. A very poor turn for Scorsese.

JR, it is the least scary movie I have ever scene, it's on par with Disturbia for scares; not scary and the "scary" parts you know are coming.

Was very disappointed with this movie. Totally met my expectations, which werent' very good going in. A very poor turn for Scorsese.

The movie met your expectations and you were disappointed?

I heard people though Paranormal Activity was boring and some left during it, while I thought it was one of the better horror movies in recent years because of how it slowly built tension.

that was the worst movie in the history of movies. it slowly built tension to an ending that made me laugh.

Yep, that is the stuff that gets to me......horror/slasher films I just find stupid, it's movies like this that I can't handle. I bet I would love it if I survived without having a heartattack our throwing myself out a window half way thhrough it. My brain has a hard time processing that it is just a movie because those types of movies suck me in.

I am with you...I just laugh at horror flicks and normally don't waste my time. A psychological thriller totally screws with me and I often can't get past freaking out because there are totally :out: fuged up people in this world who could totally get ideas from this stuff.

I don't need any help when I have a fantastic imagination and usually reading books is enough for me to immerse myself in a totally fuged up story. I don't need the auditory/visual inputs to make a mess of my ability to sleep at night.

I will watch something like that in the daylight and then keep busy later so I don't get wigged out by a movie.

A friend of mine saw it yesterday and said it was fantastic....I guess I will wait until it's out on DVD...I don't think I can hack it being in the dark in a movie theatre.

Saw it last night. Very predictable. I had most of it figured out within the first hour, so the ending was a bit anti-climatic. I think there's a bit of debate as to what happened in the very last scene, but even that seems fairly evident to me.

I still enjoyed it, though. Had two particularly disturbing scenes that were pretty hard to watch, and I thought the directing and cinematography was superb. Not a classic, but it's worth seeing.

Saw it last night. Very predictable. I had most of it figured out within the first hour, so the ending was a bit anti-climatic. I think there's a bit of debate as to what happened in the very last scene, but even that seems fairly evident to me.

I still enjoyed it, though. Had two particularly disturbing scenes that were pretty hard to watch, and I thought the directing and cinematography was superb. Not a classic, but it's worth seeing.

I can do a semi spoiler since it's been two weeks. There was one little comment from Leo when he was in the jeep on the way to the island like 15 mins into the film.

Right when he said the comment, my first thought was he sounded like a conspiracy nut. Just the way he said it he sounded just a bit off kilter. I filed it away so as not to try and "find" stuff ongoing.

Not an epic great film. Solid and interesting.

*SPOILER*

At the end, Leo's character pretended to be nuts again to his partner/doctor friend because he wanted to be put out of his misery, correct? Hence the "live as a monster, die as a good man" line and the fact that the doctor looked surprised and stood up as he was walking away...

Archived