• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dark Knight pirate gets 2 Years

Dpantherman

Dark Knight Pirate Punishement too harsh?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Dark Knight Pirate Punishement too harsh?

• yes
    • no

He probably will not do two years. More than likely, he will do about 6 months.

It really depends on the circumstances though. The money he made was basically money he stole from the people that make the movies. In reality, no differnt from walking into the studio and taking the money from them directly. So if he sold 10,000 dollars worth, then thats 10,000 he stole. In that case, I don't have a real problem with the sentence, as long as he was fairly represented by an able lawyer.

UPADTE: He didn't even sell it!!!!

Posted 2/22/10 9:31 am ET by Josh Wigler in DC Comics, News

The Dark KnightBatman's strict stance against injustice is well established within the confines of fiction, but now Gotham City's ever vigilant protector is bringing his war against crime to the real world.

According to The Wrap, a Missouri resident has been sentenced to two years in prison and must pay a fine of $24,738 for illegally recording "The Dark Knight" in theaters and consequently distributing pirated DVDs for profit. The sentence was issued after the man pleaded guilty to the crime.

The defendant, identified as Robert Henderson of Grandview, Missouri, will serve a three year probation period following his prison sentence.

"The theft of films by camcording is a serious threat to the health of the motion picture industry and the 2.4 million Americans it employs," said Mike Robinson of the Motion Picture Association of America in response to the verdict. "This is an appropriate sentence for a very serious crime, and we hope it will serve as a warning to would-be movie thieves that they will face severe consequences for engaging in these activities."

Henderson's sentencing comes just two months after the arrest of Gilberto Sanchez, the man accused of putting the illegal copy of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" online.

No matter your stance on the verdict, we can all agree upon one thing — film piracy is being taken very, very seriously on a legal level. Perhaps it's best to keep those video-equipped cell phones turned off during movie showings after all.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/02/22/the-dark-knight-dvd-pirate-receives-two-year-prison-sentence/

selling it? thats kinda sketchy, and he's probably being made an example of, ala plaxico burress. if he was just making a copy for himself it would be clear overkill.

Plaxico's issue was mandatory sentencing. nobody had a choice.

I'm guessing he had a big time operation going. Not just a guy selling a few copies on the street.

Archived