• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your Favorite Microbrewery

Delhommey

I like Sweetwater, but I subconsciously associate it too much with the ATL airport now.

I can understand that. I offered one to a friend the other week and he said he loved the stuff but can no longer drink it because it reminds him of the Embassy Suites in Buckhead. We stayed there 3 years ago during a Phillies/Braves series. Before one of the games 4 of us drank 11 pitchers of the stuff while at the pool and apparently that ruined him for life on the stuff. He never did make it to the game that day.

I can understand that. I offered one to a friend the other week and he said he loved the stuff but can no longer drink it because it reminds him of the Embassy Suites in Buckhead. We stayed there 3 years ago during a Phillies/Braves series. Before one of the games 4 of us drank 11 pitchers of the stuff while at the pool and apparently that ruined him for life on the stuff. He never did make it to the game that day.
Sweetwater makes the only berryish beer I like. Love that brand.

i tried that, i was surprised. It wasnt bad....

I actually bought a Lindemans Framboise Lambic last year, and thats pretty good if the fruit thing is your thing.

That framboise is so ridiculously tart, it's tough to even put down a bottle. Best when shared, especially with a sweet dessert to cut down on some of the tartness. I've got Lindeman's Cassis (Black Currant) in the fridge, and I'm eager to see how it compares.

Duck Rabbit out of Farmville, NC. The Milk Stout is fantastic and the porter is very good. Haven't tried the ale yet.

I love Duck Rabbit's Milk Stout -- I think it's what every milk stout should be. Even though it's probably a bit "roastier" than most in the style, I can't help but be disappointed when I try a milk stout (thinking Left Hand here) that doesn't have that nice sharp/sweet contrast going on.

As you said, the porter is also good -- but the Baltic porter is even better.

Kelly McCullen at UNC-TV produced a short special on Duck Rabbit that aired last night, if you're interested.

http://www.kellymccullen.com/

Archived