• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

stop this whole apocalypse crap about the front office

Fiz

do you want to give the reins to moore after he can't?

I really believe that Matt is a different players "once the lights come on" than he is in practice, but he's going to need to learn real quick that quarterbacks are expected to show up 7 days a week in the nfl. You can't expect a coach to ignore a week's worth of practice, which is where the hesitation to start Moore came from.

Funny people used to say the same of Jake.

do you want to give the reins to moore after he can't?

I really believe that Matt is a different players "once the lights come on" than he is in practice, but he's going to need to learn real quick that quarterbacks are expected to show up 7 days a week in the nfl. You can't expect a coach to ignore a week's worth of practice, which is where the hesitation to start Moore came from.

Sooooooo..... you're saying you would be okay if Delhomme started next season? :skep:

Sooooooo..... you're saying you would be okay if Delhomme started next season? :skep:

i mean, listen, if it gets to the point where jake impresses the coaches and casual observers more than Moore, well, I'm probably just going to blow myself up in the Falcons training facility.

Just to play devils advocate, what if the thought of losing his starting job motivates Delhomme enough and he does some serious improving this off season? What if Delhomme comes into the preseason throwing like a superstar?

Then he starts... thats only if Moore comes in playing like a scrub....

I highly doubt this will happen though....

Even if it's a tie, or even remotely close then moore should start. Give him a chance to grow and see what we have...

Let Jake be ready during the season if he is called upon.

Funny people used to say the same of Jake.

Moore is a much better quarterback than Jake.

I kinda want to make a thread about this but I'll just say it here. What made jake great was his nerve. He had terrible form/footwork, couldn't make reads, couldn't diagnose a defense, and wasn't accurate. But he had a sack, and would make throws that no one expected him to.

After he lost that nerve, he didn't have anything to fall back on. It just spiraled out of control.

Moore has that nerve (look at his throw to Gary Barnidge against Minnesota) but he also has the footwork and intangibles to back it up.

If Jake plays better than Moore he should start. If the last two years of his play continue then he won't. It's not like Hurney or Fox is going to head down to Spartanburg saying, "Hey that Delhomme guy is garbage, I can't believe we haven't cut him yet."

I kinda want to make a thread about this but I'll just say it here. What made jake great was his nerve. He had terrible form/footwork, couldn't make reads, couldn't diagnose a defense, and wasn't accurate. But he had a sack, and would make throws that no one expected him to.

After he lost that nerve, he didn't have anything to fall back on. It just spiraled out of control.

Moore has that nerve (look at his throw to Gary Barnidge against Minnesota) but he also has the footwork and intangibles to back it up.

I agree. I do hope we attempt to bring in a new QB though.

I agree. I do hope we attempt to bring in a new QB though.

Why? Moore has proven he can run the offense (very well) and there's no clear upgrade, unless they make a trade for Mcnabb, and even then I'd rather have Matt.

Do you think Moore has that nerve naturally or is it a result of being around Jake?

Also, Moore seems to be the best option right now. There aren't too many left who think a new QB should be brought in by draft or FA. I'd have to agree with the sentiment.

Why? Moore has proven he can run the offense (very well) and there's no clear upgrade, unless they make a trade for Mcnabb, and even then I'd rather have Matt.

No, not for Moore. For Delhomme :D

I already believe Moore has what it takes to be a starter. I just want someone to be a back-up because I don't believe Delhomme has what it takes to even be in the NFL anymore.

I love this Forum :)

Maybe, just maybe, no one will offer Peppers what he wants (multi-millions) and we will have the best offer on the table for him when the time comes to make his decision. Or do you think we have completely screwed the pooch and he would take less money to go else where?

Peppers wont come back to Charlotte, nor did he screw the pooch.... I beleive ,like many, he wants a change of scenery. I have not problem with that and it should have been evident when he didnt sign that long terrm deal after the '07 season. There is nothing wrong with wanting a change of scenery, it happens to many. I just have an issue on how the whole thing was handled by everyone involved over the past 3 years.

Archived