• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PS3/Gamestop dilemma...

Samuel L. Jackson

So, for Christmas I got 2 Gamestop giftcards for a total of $60...

But, I can't decide what I should do with them...

The games I currently have for my PS3 are as follows:

Fallout 3

Socom: Confrontation

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Assassin's Creed

Madden 09

There are a few games that have been out that I would probably enjoy, but I don't know if there is anything big coming out within the next couple months (I want to use the cards by then) that would be worth waiting for.

I enjoyed Killzone on the PS2, and I know that sequel is coming out soon... Think that'll be worth waiting for?

You know of any other games that might be worth picking up?

I almost got GTA IV, but I decided to wait... I had asked for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Marvel Alliances for Christmas, so either one of them might be an option as well...

I'm more into FPS/RPG type games over anything else, and the only Sports game I buy is Madden... Driving games are meh, and I'm not into the Guitar Hero/Rockband fad (I make my own REAL music.. lol)...

So, what say ye?

EDIT: Oh, and I'm not into using the PS3 for movies/blu-ray at this time, so that's a "no" as well...

Bioshock, IMO, was vastly over-rated. Nothing in the game was "new". Features such as using "special abilities" was available in Star Wars: Jedi Outcast and Area 51. Being able to "choose a path" was also available in Jedi Outcast and a couple others that I can't think of right now.

Visually, it was a stunning game. The atmosphere was great, but not nearly as immersing as any of the Halo games. I loved the art deco architecture and the feel of going back in time.

The game is only playable in first-person, so if that type of game gives you problems, you shouldn't buy it.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10 in gameplay, a 9.5/10 in visuals, maybe a 8/10 in replayability.

I would also add that the Call of Duty series (any but COD 3; it was released by a different, less credible studio) are all excellent games. I played COD: Modern Warfare for a brief period before I lost my 360, and it was really good. Never was a big fan of its predecessors though because I have never really been into pre-Vietnam military stuff.

But again, they are all FPS.

Bioshock, IMO, was vastly over-rated. Nothing in the game was "new". Features such as using "special abilities" was available in Star Wars: Jedi Outcast and Area 51. Being able to "choose a path" was also available in Jedi Outcast and a couple others that I can't think of right now.

Visually, it was a stunning game. The atmosphere was great, but not nearly as immersing as any of the Halo games. I loved the art deco architecture and the feel of going back in time.

The game is only playable in first-person, so if that type of game gives you problems, you shouldn't buy it.

Overall, I'd give it a 7/10 in gameplay, a 9.5/10 in visuals, maybe a 8/10 in replayability.

wow seriously wow, You just didn't get what was so great about that game, IMO it's one of the 5 best games out there for the xbox 360 and should be easily top 3 for the PS3.

I just seriously can't believe you didn't like that game

Maybe it was because of all the hype. Game Informer proclaimed it Game of the Year. I expected a revolutionary game experience, but I really felt it was just ho-hum. After playing it, I went back to the GI article to see if I missed what was so great about it, but I'm afraid I didn't. The story was predictable. As I said, graphically it was extraordinary (but I still prefer Halo 3) and at least initially the ambiance lent a ceretain creepiness to the game but it quickly wore off.

I didn't say it was a bad game, just highly over-rated. Perhaps had I not read such good things about it, I wouldn't have expected so much. :shrug:

Maybe it was because of all the hype. Game Informer proclaimed it Game of the Year. I expected a revolutionary game experience, but I really felt it was just ho-hum. After playing it, I went back to the GI article to see if I missed what was so great about it, but I'm afraid I didn't. The story was predictable. As I said, graphically it was extraordinary (but I still prefer Halo 3) and at least initially the ambiance lent a ceretain creepiness to the game but it quickly wore off.

I didn't say it was a bad game, just highly over-rated. Perhaps had I not read such good things about it, I wouldn't have expected so much. :shrug:

If you look at every game that way you'll never be happy, BioShock promised and delivered the freaking game won all kinds of Game of the Year awards and not just from GI they won like 10 of them, a game that does that isn't overrated.

there are some games I can see people calling overrated like GOW2(love the game but the multiplayer was a disappointment), but BioShock isn't anywhere near that list. this game had like 5 or 6 jaw dropping moments in it for me and like I said it's a top 5 game for the Xbox 360.

Now I can see with you liking Halo 3 that this just isn't your type of game, but calling it overrated?? Overrated? really?

If you liked Fallout, get the Oblivion Game of the Year edition, I actually think I liked it better than Fallout (even though it is a great game).

Killzone looks to be shaping up as a very nice option especially if you liked the first one. Killzone and Resident Evil 5 highlight the beginning of 2009.

Uncharted is a great games, 3rd person action adventure, and has a sequel coming out at the end of the year, so a good time to catch up.

Archived