• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs Blues 8pm

2 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

You admit Raanta let one in last? Checkmate 

Man it must be nice to be so simple minded as to be able to blame every won/loss on one person. the goalie. lol

Edited by DavidEng

9 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

For the record, Raanta had an outstanding game,  stopped 21/22 for a .955 SV%, .92 GAA.

Bennington was excellent in regulation and the SO.

B8E712BF-7274-4552-B9AB-C1ACF3D2F78F.thumb.jpeg.b9637cf42a2317efc19cb7c179cca230.jpeg

There isn’t a chance this game was on raanta. Dude play very well. Prob his best game. In fact, the canes played very well. I loved our game watching it live.  We I just didn’t score. I have no complaints about tonight. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

24 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Carolina is 4-5 in OT/SO this year. Neither of the goalies have been good in shootouts. 

If the Canes don't win in regulation, odds are less than 50% they'll win in OT and even lower in the SO.

Carolina on consecutive nights, left it all out there. Binnington played very well and Carolina had no puck luck around the net.

On a tough back to back to lose in a shootout and gain a point is not bad at all. Canes had a lot of pucks that almost went in but didn’t. Same could be said for the Blues but we had more.  Canes did leave it out there as you say so can’t complain about that, Rod says his guys played  a good game and I agree. On to the next game.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 2

24 minutes ago, BY9Franchise said:

You admit Raanta let one in last? Checkmate 

Raanta was our best player tonight. Normally I’m not a raants guy but he played all world tonight. The canes had an awesome game. The shots just didn’t go. I feel much better about him after tonight. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, DavidEng said:

On a tough back to back to lose in a shootout and gain a point is not bad at all. Canes had a lot of pucks that almost went in but didn’t. Same could be said for the Blues but we had more.  Canes did leave it out there as you say so can’t complain about that, Rod says his guys played  a good game and I agree. On to the next game.

We may have played our best game of the year. The goals just didn’t go. Being there live, raanta and the boys crushed it. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Raanta was our best player tonight. Normally I’m not a raants guy but he played all world tonight. The canes had an awesome game. The shots just didn’t go. I feel much better about him after tonight. 

My thoughts as well. I don’t mind him in net on back to back games when he’s playing like tonight.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

The only guy I’ve ever met who says a goalie who played a 1 goal .955 SV% sucked lol.

My dude, like a lot of us, has Raanta shell shock but tonight was special.  

we got a point vs a western conf foe. The point only helps us. Game was really good.  We are gonna have games like this but it was a good one. Our shoutout stinks but I kinda wish they would do away with the skills competition shootouts. Listening to the players and rod, they hate shootouts.  Just run OT until someone scores. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

My dude, like a lot of us, has Raanta shell shock but tonight was special.  

we got a point vs a western conf foe. The point only helps us. Game was really good.  We are gonna have games like this but it was a good one. Our shoutout stinks but I kinda wish they would do away with the skills competition shootouts. Listening to the players and rod, they hate shootouts.  Just run OT until someone scores. 

Picked up a point on the Rags tonight since they lost to the Habs. Gonna watch the highlights of that game.

—-

Oops Habs won in a shootout so no gain on the Rags, my bad.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 1