• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have zero Pro Bowlers, four alternates

TN05

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Burns has somehow still been one of our better players despite what this board thinks of him.

Honestly, with the current state of the team, that's not saying much. 

I'm all for keeping Burns at a price point commensurate with potential production based upon his track record.  

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sure he has. And he still ain't worth anywhere near $30M per.

If we come to a reasonable agreement below $30M per do you think the Burns slander will stop?

People just flat out don't like this guy for whatever reason. Him signing for a realistic deal won't stop the slander we see every week even when he's arguably one of our better players. I have never seen a player get so much hate despite being a pretty good team guy. The fact fans are hating on one of our team captains just shows you how bad this franchise has become under Tepper. 

Burns is easily my favorite player on the team. I'm just tired of seeing people slander him week in and week out. What happened to supporting one of your better players?

We can talk about his contract when the time comes. It's sad people talked about his contract during the entire season.

• Beer 2

5 hours ago, Mol3m4n said:

Name recognition only. He's invisible. 

How do you get name recognition if you're invisible?

The guy is simply having a down year. People are ignoring his past play because he's in a contract year and wants big money. Why do you think the Rams wanted to give up 2 1st round picks for an invisible player?

9 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

He hasn’t been good this year. Disappeared from getting sacks. Got ran all over. He is on there based on popularity.  

I can't disagree with you about him having a down year. But he has shown he can be elite in this league in the past. He's still just entering his prime. I have confidence he will bounce back. I just hope it's with us and not for another team.

Once a player leaves us for a better roster they tend to play even better aka Reddick/CMC/Moore.

Are we going to continue this trend by letting Burns leave as well?

Then people wonder why we suck. We trading all our damn talent away for picks that Fitt screws up.

Burns is literally our only notable name on the roster. We are damn near irrelevant at this point.

9 hours ago, Carolina Cajun said:

the dude is tied for 42'nd in the nfl in sacks.  Dude has NOT been good this season and DAMN sure not been 30 mil per year good hes looking for.

Its hard to get sacks when your always playing from behind and the other team just runs the ball. I hope we don't give him a big contract though.

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

If we come to a reasonable agreement below $30M per do you think the Burns slander will stop?

People just flat out don't like this guy for whatever reason. Him signing for a realistic deal won't stop the slander we see every week even when he's arguably one of our better players. I have never seen a player get so much hate despite being a pretty good team guy. The fact fans are hating on one of our team captains just shows you how bad this franchise has become under Tepper. 

Burns is easily my favorite player on the team. I'm just tired of seeing people slander him week in and week out. What happened to supporting one of your better players?

We can talk about his contract when the time comes. It's sad people talked about his contract during the entire season.

People are just frustrated because we've been waiting for him to take the next step and become elite. He has the ability. He really doesn't seem to have developed at all as a player and the same can be said for the majority of the roster. It just comes down to whether or not Burns is worth the cap hit of the contract he's wanting and IMO it's an easy answer. He's not. He's a good speed rusher who is a liability against the run. That's what he's always been and it's likely what he'll always be at this point. People are also frustrated that we turned down that big trade offer and let Reddick walk when he actually is the player we've all hoped Burns would become. Those two factors aren't Burns' fault but he ends up the target of a lot of that frustration.

Personally I have some frustration in that I think a lot of our thought process behind the 3-4 switch was to unleash Burns and IMO he's actually taken a step back this year. I mean, he's been practically non-existent in the second half of the season. He just ain't that dude. He's a piece of a puzzle, not a cornerstone and he wants to be paid like an elite cornerstone. Hard pass.

these contracts are going to go well into the offseason when the new regime comes in. But I care more about keeping Brown than I do Burns. Would love to have both, but if we can get late first for Burns after the tag and trade to build out the roster and extend YGM I dont think we'd really be any worse than we are now. Then you'd have alot more cap to keep building forward.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I can't disagree with you about him having a down year. But he has shown he can be elite in this league in the past. He's still just entering his prime. I have confidence he will bounce back. I just hope it's with us and not for another team.

Once a player leaves us for a better roster they tend to play even better aka Reddick/CMC/Moore.

Are we going to continue this trend by letting Burns leave as well?

Then people wonder why we suck. We trading all our damn talent away for picks that Fitt screws up.

Burns is literally our only notable name on the roster. We are damn near irrelevant at this point.

Pro Bowl Monteaz Sweat just signed a deal for less than what Burns is asking. Sweat is a more complete edge rusher than Burns. It's not hate to point out that Burns is not worth the money he's asking. Other players have signed lesser contracts and are out playing him. 

People want to build a winner and giving a Bosa level contract to a guy that hasn't had Reddick level production is an issue. Despite what New Orleans leads people to believe, there is a finite level of cap space to work with every year. We need to spend our resources wisely across the board.

If Burns is willing to sign a team friendly contract in the same neighborhood as Sweat, it's still a slight overpay, but whatever. If he wants a Bosa level contract, let someone else pay it. His production hasn't warranted that level of pay increase. Overpay and hope it works out is the Hurney way and we all saw how that worked out for us with several different players. 

• Beer 1