• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone ever get a "ticket" from their HOA?

charlotte49er

We need a shed...

Technically our "subdivision" has an HOA, but we have no dues, and there are a total of 5 houses in the "subdivision"...

I keep quoting "subdivision" because that is what we're listed as, but we have no side streets... All of our driveways are off a main road that many other neighborhoods and subdivisions use...

The next door neighbor used to have a goat, when our covenants clearly state that no "farm" animals may be kept on your property... We didn't care and never complained to anyone...

What I'm wondering now is if they are gonna raise hell if we get our shed put in and don't go to the 5 other houses and ask permission...

My neighbor had chickens. Well she did until the dogs (or maybe Coyotes) got them. Technically, chickens are against the zoning laws for this area, but I don't think any of us really care enough to report her.

My old neighbor and I would work together on the trash thing. Most weeks they'd take mine around front and back because I never fill mine in a week and they'd overflow. Of if I took mine, they'd bring it back or sometimes I'd bring theirs.

What's weird is that I complained about having trash that wasn't mine in my can and when I went to take it around Thurs night, it was out of my can.

I hate my HOA. Really. I was surprised that I didn't get in trouble for my pool last summer.

this cannt to real? no BS, this is happening? what a fing joke. the evidence continues to mounts for me moving to mountains, f everything else. rules for rules all to get more money. cameras everywhere, soon there will be speed cameras, litter camers, text cameras, etc. once the gate is opened, it never comes to stop just more more more more.

unabomber.jpg

Fuking HOA.

I had planned on building a fence in my back yard for my dog. I sent them the info that they needed and waited 2 weeks to start my fence. After the first day of work the next day the HOA emailed me saying to stop work immediately because they said they never determined that the fence drawings were proper. Come to find out the guy down the street is head of our HOA and instead of stopping by he just called the authorities and told them what was going on. Well my fence guy has a full time job and only can do fences twice a week. I had to wait a whole week before he could come back, and had to wait for "inspectors" to make sure everything was built properly. SO sometimes I wonder where my fuking 550 a year goes to.

My HOA tried to sue me because of the placement of my basketball goal. I went to every single meeting to rub in their noses that they had no standing, since the covenants didn't specifically say anything about bb goals. Secretly, all the men in the neighborhood were rooting for me, and some even pro-rated their HOA dues (refusing to pay to sue a neighbor). After they spent about $1200 on legal fees sending me letters -- I had a lawyer friend writing FU letters back to them for free -- they gave up. Once my goal got in, they sprung up everywhere. When I take a nostalgic ride through the neighborhood (even with all that, I loved living there), I count dozens and dozens of them!

The neighborhood I grew up in wouldn't let us have basketball hoops. I went around with a neighbor of mine trying to get people to sign a petition to remove that rule, but most people didn't want to have them because they were noisy and caused a "nuisance".

Homeowners Associations are for retired assholes with nothing going on in their lives.

Archived