• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone ever get a "ticket" from their HOA?

charlotte49er

A friend of mine got a Ticket, actually a warning frm her HOA for rolling through her neighborhood and playing her car stereo too loud!

Only thing I could think of was the Movie "Footloose"! LOL I had to laugh, it's not like she listens to Alice In Chains! (She mostly listens to Book on CD.)

It was mailed to her and said that a second noise violation would result in a $25 ticket!

In my hood I got a little card reminding me to clean up after my dog. either it was because I just had him registered or someone saw my son not cleaning up after him - I always do and leave it on The Saint's wall in a nice bag.

Yep - I was summonsed to a hearing because I left my trash can out for a week. Hello, it had snowed over that weekend and then when I went out mid-week to roll it around, someone had filled it with trash - I wasn't moving it around full, so I left it. Then was out of town that weekend so it stayed til Monday. They threatened to fine me $100. I protested telling what had happened so I got a notice today saying that they weren't going to fine me this time but any time that it is left out past trash day, I will be fined $25/day. That's BS. I guess I'll have to add that fee onto any weekend trips I take from now on.

I hate my HOA, $350 a year X hundreds of houses and they have $500 worth of flowers at the entrance & lifeguards in the summer that they pay $8 an hr. too. I wish I knew where the rest went but do not feel like going to a meeting to ask.

I hate my HOA, $350 a year X hundreds of houses and they have $500 worth of flowers at the entrance & lifeguards in the summer that they pay $8 an hr. too. I wish I knew where the rest went but do not feel like going to a meeting to ask.

Insurance on a community pool is very expensive I am sure that is where much of it is going. Honestly $350 with a pool is rather cheap.

One of my wife's employees was just ticketed for parking in the culdesac instead of our driveway the other day.

Oh yeah... I've gotten letters about having a trailer parked in my driveway... I did, but I had it backed in where you had to literally pull in my driveway to see it... this was a nosy neighbor reporting me... I got a letter about parking my truck in the road for 1 night one time... I never, ever park in the road, but my wife had her truck in the drive and I came home and parked in the road and just left it overnight... 1 night and I got a letter... again, a nosy neighbor...

Funny, the guy two doors down moved about two years ago and no more letters... hmmm... HOAs can be good in some cases, but mostly they're a pain.

Yep - I was summonsed to a hearing because I left my trash can out for a week. Hello, it had snowed over that weekend and then when I went out mid-week to roll it around, someone had filled it with trash - I wasn't moving it around full, so I left it. Then was out of town that weekend so it stayed til Monday. They threatened to fine me $100. I protested telling what had happened so I got a notice today saying that they weren't going to fine me this time but any time that it is left out past trash day, I will be fined $25/day. That's BS. I guess I'll have to add that fee onto any weekend trips I take from now on.

Kind of sucks that one of your neighbors didn't roll it in when they noticed it.

Insurance on a community pool is very expensive I am sure that is where much of it is going. Honestly $350 with a pool is rather cheap.

One of my wife's employees was just ticketed for parking in the culdesac instead of our driveway the other day.

I was thinking the same thing JR, $350 for a pool is great. Lots of expenses with a pool other that just lifeguards....and there's more to the landscape maintenance other than just flowers.

We need a shed...

Technically our "subdivision" has an HOA, but we have no dues, and there are a total of 5 houses in the "subdivision"...

I keep quoting "subdivision" because that is what we're listed as, but we have no side streets... All of our driveways are off a main road that many other neighborhoods and subdivisions use...

The next door neighbor used to have a goat, when our covenants clearly state that no "farm" animals may be kept on your property... We didn't care and never complained to anyone...

What I'm wondering now is if they are gonna raise hell if we get our shed put in and don't go to the 5 other houses and ask permission...

A good bit of that money also goes towards attorney fees when a homeowner sues the HOA, or the HOA sues a homeowner over the rules.

Hope that makes you feel better.

Most members of HOA and the people that snitch about the incidental infractions

1. have no life.

2. have no real authority at their job.

3. feel a need to feel important to others, no matter how insignificant that importance is.

4. feel a need to be able to tell others how to live their lives.

The original concept for HOAs was a good idea, but now they are just a joke.

http://www.theweek.com/article/index/104150/Top_7_insane_homeowners_association_rules

Posted by Iroc, Saturday, December 19, 2009, 2:56 am I bought a home in an HOA controlled area, but the home was a forclosure on the previous owners. Somewhere along the line the paperwork for the HOA got lost and wasn't included in the closing.Boy did I have fun, they tried everything to get me to comply but had no legal leg to stand on. Everytime they would make some frivilous complaint, I'd stop mowing my lawn, and park old junkers in my driveway. After 2 yrs of calling the police, and dragging me to court, the courts and the police told em, you screwed up live with it.

Archived