• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Those clever Dutch and their gold medals.

pstall

to her defense, it's a courtesy to make sure the name is spelled right etc so when she sends that feed to the local stations, the transponder doesn't blow the guys name up. She has been doing this since 94.

EXACTLY! This is standard journalistic practice.

You know the goalie from the Olympic soccer team and world cup, Brianna Scurry? Her name is pronounced Bry(like "dry")anna. And people still get it wrong.

If I were interviewing him, I'd intentionally mispronounce his name later to get back at him.

to her defense, it's a courtesy to make sure the name is spelled right etc so when she sends that feed to the local stations, the transponder doesn't blow the guys name up. She has been doing this since 94.

In his defense there's this crazy thing called the internet nowadays.

Lazy journalist with no buisness covering a sport she knows nothing about and obviously wants to do no research on.

its SOP del to get the name EXACTLY right. The way you do that is you umm, get them to say it so there is less room for error.

Kinda like when you are at a bar hammered and to make sure you get the chicks ph# correct, you get HER to write down her info.

I'm sure the sideline person has copious amounts of time between events to go online and do search and then crank it out to affiliates all over the US. Then you get an intern who is playing Halo while at the station in Needles CA and could care less about this kid and some producer who is doing blow to maintain his energy and he is so tweaked he can't take time out to double proofread the name.

First time it has to be right.

Archived