• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Toofs

Delhommey

I look at extraction of restorable teeth for financial reasons as an unfortunate evil that is beneficial for me, but sad for the patient.

Restoration and proper maintenance can serve you for a lifetime. Once it is extracted, it is gone. You lose function, and if an implant is not placed soon, even the alveolar bone starts to disappear, making implant placement "later" much more complicated and expensive.

It really is like anything. You get what you pay for. It isn't going to improve by itself, ignoring it won't make it go away, and the "cheap" way out is exactly that, with long term issues that most people never consider.

Do you really want large gaps? Do you really want tipping of adjacent teeth in to these spaces which can lead to periodontal problems later and super eruption of the teeth that oppose them in the other arch?

No, you don't.

And your dentist should explain all of these things to you in detail.

Honestly, isn't your mouth, your smile, your ability to enjoy food and beverage something that you should place really damn high on the priority list?

Do you really want to start down the tooth to tattoo ratio path?

That'll be 300 bucks.

*wishes he was a lawyer*

wow that's expensive!

My teeth on the right side are really sensitive to cold. I don't know what that means but its starting to become painful. I don't want to spend the $$$$. maybe i should wait and pick up dental insurance on our next renewal.

Dental insurance rarely covers implants and usually only partially covers bridges/crowns. I think you can use special toothpaste for extremely sensitive teeth, I would try that first :D.

You ought to be able to get both of them pulled for like $150 bucks out of your pocket/some on your insurance... I think that's about what mine cost, and they were both the second molar from the back (not including wisdom teeth, which I have had removed)...

Man thats a good price.Just to get one pulled cost me 240$..

Dental insurance rarely covers implants and usually only partially covers bridges/crowns. I think you can use special toothpaste for extremely sensitive teeth, I would try that first :D.

My dentist told me to use Sensodyne, and rub a little on the gum around the tooth that hurts and don't rinse... Just rub it on there and leave it for a bit...

Should help a little, but I doubt it's a permanent fix...

You have to use it for about 2 weeks before you notice an improvement, and you have to continue using it.

I like Crest Total Care better, and Sonicare's product for brushing.

Eliminates improper technique, toothbrush abrasion, and gingival erosion resulting from improper technique, which is most often the cause of adult sensitivity.

You have to use it for about 2 weeks before you notice an improvement, and you have to continue using it.

I like Crest Total Care better, and Sonicare's product for brushing.

Eliminates improper technique, toothbrush abrasion, and gingival erosion resulting from improper technique, which is most often the cause of adult sensitivity.

Totally agree. Made my dentist happy to know that. Teeth and taxes are two things I don't procrastinate about.

I did the implants and love them. I do the mack daddy dental plan at work to to cover the bases.

Archived