• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orange for breakfast, Soup and Sammich for lunch, meat and veggie for supper

Zod

Don't feel bad Kurb, I'm getting over a soda addiction too, but mine was worse.

frickin 12pack a day

I'm addicted to diet coke. I'm constantly battling it. I can feel the cancer forming as I drink it.

When I need to drop 5 lbs. I eat a banana for breakfast, peanut butter and jelly for lunch (or a turkey sandwich) and for dinner, salmon and 2 veggies for like 5 days.

I'm addicted to diet coke. I'm constantly battling it. I can feel the cancer forming as I drink it.

When I need to drop 5 lbs. I eat a banana for breakfast, peanut butter and jelly for lunch (or a turkey sandwich) and for dinner, salmon and 2 veggies for like 5 days.

It's weird... banana's make me more hungry...

I can't seem to get out of the habit of just 3 meals a day but they say the best way is to eat 5-6 small meals a day. That way your body doesn't ever feel like it is hungry (won't store food) and your metabolism goes way up. Makes sense to me and it works like a charm for the people I know that do fitness shows. Those people are fanatical though and set alarms throughout the day reminding them to eat. Nutzo!

I can't seem to get out of the habit of just 3 meals a day but they say the best way is to eat 5-6 small meals a day. That way your body doesn't ever feel like it is hungry (won't store food) and your metabolism goes way up. Makes sense to me and it works like a charm for the people I know that do fitness shows. Those people are fanatical though and set alarms throughout the day reminding them to eat. Nutzo!

It's worked for me. I found that taking 15 mins to prep your meals the night before makes it easier to keep up with it. I eat about 5 meals per day, starting out with more calories in the morning, and tapering off over the day ending around 6, but no later than 7. I rarely am ever hungry anymore, but I've lost weight and gotten stronger. I sit at a desk all day, which makes it easier to manage. Cutting out meals after 7PM will also help you get better sleep as your body is not trying to manage undigested food while it's trying to rest.

My old trainer always said no carbs after 4. I never did that but he acted like it was a pretty big deal.

A lot of people swear by that. I get home from the gym around 6:30 every night and crave carbs....it is my enemy.

Guy at my work lost about 50 lbs in 3 months by doing a low (or no) carb diet. That was over 2 1/2 years ago and he hasn't gained back one pound. Became a way of life for him, but he reeks of bacon. He does eat light carbs early on in the day but that is it.

You can accomplish the same thing by having a smaller breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Then have a mid morning snack and a mid-afternoon snack....could be a sandwich, yogurt, protein bar, etc...

Archived