• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ever been to the Caribbean?

Samuel L. Jackson

Went to St Thomas for 10 days. I loved it so much, great place and not to crowded. You can stay in tourist resort but make sure to go shop in local grocery store (same stuff 400% cheaper than in tourist stores). Locals look at you funny but they wont do poo to you cause they know you are their source of income. You can take cheap ferry from St. Thomas to St. John. Its a 30 minutes cheap ride and well worth it. On St. John go to Trunk bay which is one of the best resort spots in Caribbean! Watch out for Seagulls, they will ****** your food right out of your hands. You cannot touch sea floor on, Trunk Bay, cause its a national park full of different types of corals and sea life (watch out for sting rays, they bread there). Trunk Bay is a picture on your phone if you got Verizon. St. Thomas got whole bunch of different bars right at the ocean shores. Makes sure to try Zach Attack drink if you go there (St. Thomas special). Also, make sure you check in on ur flight 2 hours prior deportation. If you 1 minute late, you late.

PS: St. Thomas, Obama's favorite vacation spot.

Trunk Bay

st-john-trunk-bay-usvi-national-park-hz.jpg

Yeah I was at Trunk Bay back in December... When our ship docked at St. Thomas, we hopped a ferry to St. John and went there...

They had some pretty high surf at the time, but it was good swimming, and an awesome beach...

If you go around the hook in the beach at the top of that picture (like past where the rocks are out in the water) that is the nude beach... I found out by accident, and unfortunately, there wasn't much to see...

Thanks for all the tips, folks...

We are looking to fly directly somewhere, so I don't know about some of your ideas... We'll see what we decide to do...

haha yep Z...

She just entered her second trimester, and the sickness seems to have subsided for now, but I bet a cruise ship would have it going again!

It is really her idea, as we both see it as one last getaway for us before our lives change forever... We'll probably do the OBX stuff and all that still this summer, although I'm sure it won't be so fun for her, especially if it gets too hot...

Did you know that Carnival Cruises are now leaving out of Charleston SC?

Easy place to leave from if you live in the Carolinas. I was just browsing their website, and it is pretty cheap, considering you dont have to fly/drive to Florida.

I have been on three Carnival crusies. They are very fun, and a hell of a good time!

Places I have been

St Lucia (best of the Caribbean IMO)

Jamaica 2x

Grand Caymen

Cozumel 2x

Cancun 2x

St Thomas

St Martin

Bahamas

San Juan

Key west 5x

and more...just cant think of it....

Glad your not making the same mistake I did, taking a a cruise. Not a good idea.

fixed

but seriously, ive never had any desire to go on a Caribbean Cruise. Not my idea of a vacation being herded onto a crowded ship, and going to every Carlos and Charlies in the world.

Cruise ships ruin otherwise interesting quaint towns. Supposedly they do not stimulate the local economy as much as youd think.

Every cruise port ive ever visited was filled with over aggressive vendors selling crappy souvenirs.

So, wifey and I are looking to head to the Caribbean one more time before she gets too preggo (she's due at the end of August)... Right now, we are looking at making it a long Easter weekend...

Our only experience there has been via cruise lines... We've been to Belize, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Norwegian's private island in the Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. John, Tortola, and the Dominican Republic...

We're looking to stay at a nice resort/villa/whatever where we can do some snorkeling and soaking up the rays, but it needn't be all inclusive because she can't drink, and I don't... plus, I'm a picky eater...

Anyone got any experiences with staying anywhere in the Caribbean for a few days?

I returned from a honeymoon in Hopkins, Belize in mid-January. Stayed at Hamanasi Adventure & Dive Resort. You should definitely check it out, they've got lots of activities including snorkeling the barrier reef, cave explorations, etc. I really miss their food, though, and the treehouse we stayed in was quite nice. You can go all-inclusive or a la carte, but alcohol isn't included in the all-inclusive package.

Definitely check it out, and if you go, you won't be sorry.

I have done a bit of scuba diving...Cayman Brac, Cozumel, Bonaire, Belize, Turks and Caicos, Bahamas, etc...

With her being pregnant, youprob want a more relaxing place.

Been to a Sandals Resort in Jamaica and Barbados. Was a little pricier, but it was great. Great food, tons of activities, all-inclusive. If you can swing the costs, it is definitely a great time......not to mention that it is couples only.

Archived