• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Freaky Lunch

LifeisaGarden

My dad had a racing school in the mid 90s and I was helping him at a track near Lakeland, FL one day. This 55ish guy has his suit on and I see him right before he puts his helmet on...he had the weirdest look on his face. Anyway, he goes out on the track and all of a sudden his car just starts doing immediate left circles. We yelled for the paramedics on duty but it was too late. I drove the dude's car to the hospital, knowing he was probably dead.

First they said he had a heart attack. Then they said he had an aneurysm. Then something else. Probably a combination of all three. It was his time to go. My dad cancelled the rest of the class, even though the rest of the students wanted to keep going.

Your dad sounds like the fun police.

My dad was pretty tore up over it. He was the first to get to the guy, who was just babbling and struggling to breathe. Pancho Carter, who ran in a couple of Indy 500s, called him on our way back to Daytona and said "I hear you got people dying to take your racing schools?"

Archived