• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tiger Speaks

Darth Biscuit

Watched it at the gym. he looked pretty sad.

Same here....were you one of the guys standing next to me?

As for him doing this publicly and the timing of it all...I am pretty sure this is all part of his treatment program which one of the steps calls for a public apology. I don't think the when and the how was really his choice.

I got no problem with how he handled it. I now hope he takes care of his personal business and gets back to golf. It's a lot more interesting with him playing and frankly that is the only part of Tiger's life that I really care about.

that was really akward and hard to watch...i could barely even listen. he sucks at public speaking

While I pretty much agree with you... he had to do it... would have been better if he'd done it months ago... but oh well...

He doesn't read too well when speaking and he needed to wear a hat... he looks odd without it.

There will be a commotion about this for a while, and then again whenever he comes back to play on tour, then it will go away... once he's won his second tourney after coming back... it'll be in the wind...

A great review of Tiger's speech...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/100219

When we first saw the room in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla., it looked like the set of a "Saturday Night Live" episode: small podium, blue curtain, some heads. The camera panned the crowd, revealing that there apparently had been an emergency casting call for somber white people in blazers. (Why didn't I get an invite? I own a blazer! I could have looked somber!) At 11:01 a.m. ET, Tiger emerged from the back, and I remember thinking that it would have been awesome if he were naked from the waist down.

He spoke for the next 13 and a half minutes. He spoke … like this. There was … no emotion … in his words. His face … was blank … and empty. Part of me … felt bad … for him. There were … a couple of moments … when it seemed … like … he was trying … to shed a tear … or have his voice catch … just for effect. You get … the idea.

• 1 month later...

Archived