• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions to show interest in DeAngelo Williams?

Fiz

Stewart would be a 1600+ yard, 15+ TD wrecking ball behind our line. A backfield of Stewart-Goodson-X doesn't have the star power of Williams-Stewart-X, but it would probably produce about as well. If the Lions were dumb enough to hand us their first round pick as part of a deal for Williams (not likely as has been explained before on this forum), I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

There's no way the lions can afford williams because he's worth the #2 pick.

I would really like to see williams stay but the idea of getting the #2, trading down and getting a Dt, WR, DE, and LB all on the first day would be nice. Trading williams would probably end up strengthening the team. I don't support it though. Williams is pure gold. They would have to give a 1st and a 2nd before I would give williams something.

Second round pick for a pro bowler. Keep dreaming. Make it a top 20 pick and it becomes a serious offer.

I agree. It is laughable to think that they could get a pro bowl star running back for a 2nd rounder. I wouldn't even take a 1st rounder b/c 1st round picks are never a sure thing and DW is a sure thing. Maybe a 1st and 3rd if Stewart was 100%, which he clearly isn't. I would rather trade Stewart than Williams b/c he hasn't yet proven he is an every down back; DW has.

Personally the only guy I would like to see gone for picks is TD believe it or not. In this scheme the WLB is one of easiest positions to sub in and not miss a beat. Anderson could play for a few games and draft a guy like Washington (crazy good both coverage and run support) in the 2nd and let him take over around midseason.

Since he will be a RFA if things hold true and if we he were to get an offer with the 1st/3rd tender, I say let him go. Save money and I actually like Washington's potential more.

Personally the only guy I would like to see gone for picks is TD believe it or not. In this scheme the WLB is one of easiest positions to sub in and not miss a beat. Anderson could play for a few games and draft a guy like Washington (crazy good both coverage and run support) in the 2nd and let him take over around midseason.

Since he will be a RFA if things hold true and if we he were to get an offer with the 1st/3rd tender, I say let him go. Save money and I actually like Washington's potential more.

he's the fifth best player on the team what are you talking about

Archived