• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lions to show interest in DeAngelo Williams?

Fiz

Williams worth to this team is far more than a 2nd round pick, now if the Lions decided that they wanted to trade their 1st rounder for Williams then that should be in consideration, Id hate to see it happen though. But with that first rd pick Ndamukong Suh could drop pass the Rams and there the best DT in the draft could fall into our hands, so we would have one hell of a RB in Stewart and fill our needs at the DT position. Then with our second pick we can address the WR position and pick up Jordan Shipley to complement Smitty. Im sure a few good QB's in the draft will drop to the 3rd round, and we can address that position then, (I feel Matt Moore will be the future of this franchise, so I have confidence in him and feel that we do not need to draft a QB in a high round) on the other hand some great QB's are obtained in the lower rounds (Tom Brady prime example) and we could possibly obtain one of those rare QBs. Again, I do NOT think this organization should trade a player of D-Wills caliber, I feel he is better than any player in this draft class.

Why would any of you idiots want to trade for "only a top 15" draft pick for Williams? No single player in the draft can make as big of an impact as DeAngelo for our team next season. Jesus Christ! I feel like slapping the poo out of some of you. You want to get rid of our franchise freakin' running back for a fuging rookie? Let's just dump our whole roster and get rookies... that sounds like a great fuging plan.

We've got arguably the single best one-two punch at RB in the league, and a very effective weapon in that. And yet a significant portion of the fanbase (if you consider this board representative) really seems to want to cut the power of that weapon in half.

And please don't give me that we have enough depth to keep it going even with the loss of one of the top guys. There is no way anyone can reasonably suggest that any of the other combos (Williams-Goodson, Williams-Sutton, Stewart-Goodson, Stewart-Sutton) is anywhere even close to the quality of Williams-Stewart as a rushing tandem.

There are other teams that have put all their eggs in a single basket with "workhorse" backs, and it's been rough. These days, even when healthy, neither Adrian Peterson nor LaDainian Tomlinson is what they once were, and the decline has been quick (almost sudden). One of the prime reasons for that is their being used as the "workhorse" for their team rather than as part of a 'two-headed monster' like the Panthers and some other teams prefer.

Knowing that it tends to shorten the shelf-life of good runners, I can't understand why on earth people want us to switch to that model.

As far as using a high pick on a RB, no matter how high you go you're still trading a proven commodity for an unproven one.

I agree with you on an emotional level, but I'd have to look at what is being offered. I certainly don't see a 2nd round pick for Williams. The only problem that I have with your analysis is that you seem to be downplaying the talent of Sutton and Goodson. From what I have seen of these guys, they can adequately carry the rock. I would actually like to see more of Sutton because he runs with authority.

Due to Fox's history, I am suspect of Panthers' RBs who ride the pine---suspect that they can answer the bell commendably if given the chance.

Second round pick for a pro bowler. Keep dreaming. Make it a top 20 pick and it becomes a serious offer.

Amen. #34 overall? What a crock of poo. Williams is easily worth more than that. How about they give us Calvin Johnson straight up for Williams? That I would do. Heck, I might even toss in a 3rd/4th round pick as well.

I agree with you on an emotional level, but I'd have to look at what is being offered. I certainly don't see a 2nd round pick for Williams. The only problem that I have with your analysis is that you seem to be downplaying the talent of Sutton and Goodson. From what I have seen of these guys, they can adequately carry the rock. I would actually like to see more of Sutton because he runs with authority.

Due to Fox's history, I am suspect of Panthers' RBs who ride the pine---suspect that they can answer the bell commendably if given the chance.

lol just like all the other 1000 yard rushers we have had during fox's time here. just like the awesomeness of deshaun foster and let us not forget eric shelton.

sutton and goodson are no where near the level of talent of williams or stewart. both would be no better than backup quality on any team in the league and should probably be no more than 3rd string players.

we are lucky to have two players on that level. letting even one of them go would be a monumental mistake....especially having questionable QB play and a weak passing game.

Shaun Alexander got a 62 million dollar contract the year he turned 29. And he had more wear on the tires than Williams has had to date. There's no way in hell Williams doesn't command a big, fat contract if he hits the market. If he signed a deal like the one that you offered in your previous post with us, he'd literally be the nicest football player in the history of the NFL. And if we pay him 50-60 million, we're morons to that same extent.

Exactly, and when/if he ends up leaving because of this situation, everybody will moan and groan that we should have traded him while he had value.

I like Williams as much as the next guy, but it's not stupid to consider offers from other clubs if they are willing to fork over a lot for him... just because you think he's a funny guy and you bought his jersey.

Archived