• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Non-Panthers NFL Games

kungfoodude

8 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Crazy talent, but he doesn't seem to know how to win when it counts.

Maybe it's a HC thing, but he has talent around him. He needs to start winning.

Everything seemed panicked and rushed to me. I didn't watch the 1st 3 quarters so I don't know what kind of pressure he was under all game but his throws just seemed like he just unloading it to throw it not because the reciever was open at all. I really don't think his weapons are any better then ours though

1 hour ago, toldozer said:

Everything seemed panicked and rushed to me. I didn't watch the 1st 3 quarters so I don't know what kind of pressure he was under all game but his throws just seemed like he just unloading it to throw it not because the reciever was open at all. I really don't think his weapons are any better then ours though

Justin Herbert...

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

In fairness to Lawrence, do keep in mind he is currently playing with a high ankle sprain.

But, agreed on the general statement of his hype being a bit much. 

Reminds me of Luck. All the hype about being a generational talent with pretty mixed career results. Although injuries will ultimately get most of the blame for that.

He looked physically fine. His accuracy is just really spotty and his decision making and ball security aren't improving like you normally see with young QBs. He just doesn't seem to be developing. When you've started as many games as he has you shouldn't be making the types of mistakes he's consistently making.

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He looked physically fine. His accuracy is just really spotty and his decision making and ball security aren't improving like you normally see with young QBs. He just doesn't seem to be developing. When you've started as many games as he has you shouldn't be making the types of mistakes he's consistently making.

He has been playing through injury all year.  It frankly is amazing he suited up last week if you watched his injury.  

He made HUGE strides from year one to year 2.   Trevor is a lab QB physically.  In-between the ears has always been where he lacked IMO.   Even at Clemson he made a lot of boneheaded throws at his peak there. 

I put him in the Herbert tier.  They just need to take one more step.   Trevor's pretty young.  I almost consider him a year 2ish player given the Urban thing. 

• Pie 1

11 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Cam was more cerebral than people give him credit for. He usually had ideas of what the defense was doing and where he was going. He never got his footwork right so yeah his accuracy suffered, but he was also in an offense that featured longer passes that have lower accuracy on average in that Air Coryell offense that thrived on a running game and deep passes. I still remember the play where he mocked Clay Matthew’s for trying to identify our play and immediately threw a TD after telling him to “watch this.”

Granted, and probably also true of Delhomme, but neither were "mastermind" types 

To be honest, that particular type of quarterback is very rare. I'm not sure there is one in the NFL right now.

• Pie 1