• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 on my list

charlotte49er

I have fond 2 places that I really like to move to. 1 is in Highland Glen in Northeast Charlotte and 1 is across the North-South Carolina Border in Indianland, SC.

The SC home has yet to be built, but they can build it to accommodate my wheelchair. (36" doors, roll-in shower, ramps, anything I need.)

The Highland Glen is mostly set up with handicapped amenities due to the previous owner is handicapped.

Both are 2 Bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage. Both have sun rooms, club houses, activities & patios, etc. Highland Glen home is only 6 years old, but just got repainted, looks new and is about 200 sq ft bigger and a little less money.

Thoughts?

I only know Indianland from golfing at Carolina Lakes. Seems like a fun area. Huntersville area is a mess right now in my opinion in a lot of ways. All things being equal I would choose the SC but I don't know those specific neighborhoods.

Good luck

I've only driven through Indian Land, but it hardly seems fun. I guess it's nice that it's close to Fort Mill and Charlotte, but I don't really see the draw to the area.

I only know Indianland from golfing at Carolina Lakes. Seems like a fun area. Huntersville area is a mess right now in my opinion in a lot of ways. All things being equal I would choose the SC but I don't know those specific neighborhoods.

Good luck

Funny you should mention that. The place that is #1, is Sun City @ Carolina Lakes! You don't have to join the Country Club, if you don't want to. (I'm not a golf player any longer.) But I think you get reduced green fees if you live there and have friends who want to play.

It's a 55+ community, (I'll be 53 in May) but they are allowed to "grandfather" you in if you will be 55 by the time total construction is finished. (Probably 3 years.)

Funny you should mention that. The place that is #1, is Sun City @ Carolina Lakes! You don't have to join the Country Club, if you don't want to. (I'm not a golf player any longer.) But I think you get reduced green fees if you live there and have friends who want to play.

It's a 55+ community, (I'll be 53 in May) but they are allowed to "grandfather" you in if you will be 55 by the time total construction is finished. (Probably 3 years.)

That's the one. Seemed really nice.

Archived