• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Hurt Locker

Matt Foley

I agree Tarantino receives too much praise (Kill Bill and the Deathkill or whatever it was called were meh at best) but I thoroughly enjoyed Inglorious Basterds. Some of the best dialogue in a movie I've seen in a long time.

i agree, while far from the best movie of the year, I enjoyed it a whole lot more than I thought I would.

• 3 months later...

I saw it, bought it, and have watched it several more times. Near-perfect War movie in my book. But I think if you go in expecting a "war movie," in the vein of Saving Private Ryand or Blackhawk Down, you will be diappointed. I think it's more a character study; an analysis of the addiction of the adrenaline rush of war, and in that capacity it succeeds in flying colors.

Movie was over-rated, but decent. I won't watch again and I'm one to usually watch movies more than once. No spot, no movement in the story. It's a good view at the war with a different perspective but not "Best picture" worthy. No way this film was better than Crazy Heart, Avatar, Inglorius, or even Up.

Archived