• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Got an interview on Thurs!

Miaoww

This is a good thread. I work in quite a different industry etiquette wise being in the music industry. How sociable you are, how many friends you have, who your friends are, are far more important than your knowledge. I was talking to my dad the other night and he said that you are going to have to work with people your whole life that have no idea what they are doing. People who got promoted into positions they have no business being in. I make some money recording and producing songs at my home studio, and I've already had to work with some morons that have no idea how a song comes together, but I have to listen to them and how they want the song to sound.

Anyways I'm rambling, but showing up with a suit and tie to a recording studio makes you look a little strange. Unless it's for a big record label, but those days are almost dead.

Hope you get the job!!!

Didn't get it.

The guy (GM) said I interviewed very strongly and the practical piece they gave me to do was very good (had to write a match report from 1959 from a book/newspaper clippings), but they decided to go with the guy who had 18 months experience in football (soccer). i.e. a person who applied for the job from a lower league club. Apparently I was in the top three candidates, but this guy shone (and why wouldn't he if he'd been doing the exact same job at a lower level?).

Ah well. Thanks for the advice anyway guys, I found it really helpful.

Archived