• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Studying Abroad

neverlosethefeeling

The way I figured it, no matter where I go in Europe, no where else in Europe would be too far to consider going over a long weekend or a holiday break. Which is pretty appealing about Europe in general. I'm just worried about trying to finance it since I will have missed the university's scholarship deadline. I'm not opposed to getting a student loan to cover whatever my parent's aren't willing to and what I can't make up for myself.

remember, your money goes farther in eastern europe than in any other place in the world that you want to go.

for pure sex, you want to go to latvia.

and just don't go over there with any plans of saving money. spend every fuging dime you have. as long as you've got the return ticket taken care of, go fuging nuts. sell whatever you have. beg your family for money. learn how to live off of as little food as possible. your two priorities are alcohol and drugs at all time. from those two things, good times and hot chicks will follow.

i had the greatest three day span of my life in Budapest.

in a 79 hour alcohol fueled binge, I had sex with nine girls, won 3,000 dollars, lost 5,000, got in two fights and won both of them, robbed some dude for two grande, and was probably wanted by the time I got on the plane back to Paris. I had to get my clothes dry cleaned to get the smell of cigarettes, cheap wine, and perfume out of them.

I've wanted to study abroad, but instead I think I'm going to finish up my BA and go teach English abroad. Even though TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) doesn't require a degree, I want one.

That job really only pays well enough for you to live and travel in the country, but it's a great, cheap, and rewarding way to see the world and earn some cash. I know one girl who recently got back from Hong Kong after a year with an extra $12k in her bank account.

I'll probably do this for 2-3+ years depending on how I like it. For my first year though i need to be put somewhere in Europe. I'd like Prague, as they are a market that actually wants American accented teachers, the pay is good, the living is cheap, and the women are beautiful. Most European countries prefer British accented speakers.

And yes if I end up in Prague (I would be about 23 at the time) you can bet that I will be as sexually deviant as possible. Eastern European girls can just be too cute, I won't be able to resist. Which is bad. Elementary English school teacher by day, crazy American love machine by night. Ha!

I'm thinking about going somewhere in Europe. I haven't decided if I want to go for a full year or just for one semester. How much more did it cost than your normal tuition? Unfortunately I'm really getting excited about studying abroad that I haven't been to an information session with our Ed Abroad department, and you have to go to one to apply for any university scholarships (for which I know I would be eligible just based on merit) and the deadline for the turning in the scholarship applications is Monday.

I'm really encouraged by all your experiences, it's just reinforcing everything I've heard about studying abroad.

I am thinking about going somewhere in Europe. Pretty much every country in western Europe is a consideration right now.

What school do you go to?

I would like to inquire about this as well. I'm interested in studying abroad through my school. Could anyone tell me what the expectations are for exchange students? Are you expected to learn at the same pace as everyone else?

What school do you go to?

I would like to inquire about this as well. I'm interested in studying abroad through my school. Could anyone tell me what the expectations are for exchange students? Are you expected to learn at the same pace as everyone else?

I go to UNCC. I think a lot of the expectations depend on where you go. Obviously if you go to an english-speaking country then there shouldn't be too much of a learning curve, and even in non-english-speaking countries, they have classes offered in english. If you're not going to take classes in english, then, I believe, most schools require you to submit a TOEFL score so that they know you're proficient enough to succeed in classes taught in whatever language the country speaks.

Where have you thought about going?

Archived