• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting weather story

Murph

A good friend of mine who recently moved to Boston had to tend to some business down here so he left last night for the long drive. He stopped by my office about an hour ago with an interesting story. He was on the NJ turnpike for an hour. He said that entire stretch all the way through and across the Delaware bridge, he saw no more than 10-15 cars total.

Then to hear the descriptions of the snow banks piled up around Washington DC....:eek:

Damn, the news might be understating the past weeks weather effect.

Just talked to my buddy in Baltimore he is in about 50".

My mom lives in Annapolis...they got 3 feet in just about 24 hours last weekend and were expecting 1-2 more feet around now. My mom was supposed to come down today, but because of all the snow being forecasted she drove down on Monday to try to avoid it all. She said she had walls of snow 5' high on either side of her driveway.

I love the snow and all, and I enjoy being able to just sit inside when there's snow and ice on the ground and not feel like I have to do anything...but that might be too much for me. The dog apparently wouldn't even go outside because the snow was over her head.

Archived