• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Toyota

sunbunny

No, it's all the kids going. One isn't even ours. LOL

Seriously, it's been a rough year for us. I can't leave them at home the first chance we get to go somewhere for the weekend. They'd better remember this later in life.

Lol just make sure they remember it for the right reasons...

I still remember the sounds comming from my folks room on a trip to NYC when I was 12.... Horriable ,horriable sounds !!

get an Acura MDX....you can thank me later...and forever!

I am currently driving an MDX, have put almost 100k on it.

It is killing me to trade it in/sell it, but after renting a crap van, the logistics and arrangement of seats+ storage is better for the family with small kids.

Getting in and out of my MDX for the little ones is tough, even with the sideboard.

Believe me, I don't want to get rid of it.

The Odyssey is basically the same ride minus the AWD, same platform, but I am not giving up deep snow escapability.

I do not share Husker's fragile ego. I can drive anything and still be the sexiest guy at the supermarket.

I get to drive the fiancees Town And Country all the time. It has a lot of gadgets in it which is cool. I also get to drive her Jeep, which is older but comfortable - as soon as the temperature gets halfway decent I am going to get my Miata out and reclaim the road.

It's a lease and it gets turned in this May, I will probably just drive the Jeep for a while and it's a tad depressing...I love small cars....

I am currently driving an MDX, have put almost 100k on it.

It is killing me to trade it in/sell it, but after renting a crap van, the logistics and arrangement of seats+ storage is better for the family with small kids.

Getting in and out of my MDX for the little ones is tough, even with the sideboard.

Believe me, I don't want to get rid of it.

The Odyssey is basically the same ride minus the AWD, same platform, but I am not giving up deep snow escapability.

I do not share Husker's fragile ego. I can drive anything and still be the sexiest guy at the supermarket.

funny...we went from the Odyssey to the MDX...you are looking at MDX to Odyssey....we put over 200,000 miles on our Odyssey and loved every one of them...thing was solid.

I've been hearing that Toyota is struggling right now.

And not just because of that accelerator stuff.

Dunno.

I'm contemplating getting a Sienna, yeah, I'm that guy with the two carseats and minivan (maybe).

Let me know what you think of it.

My brother had 2 Siennas - both had their engines blow - if you google really well, you'll find out that there were some major problems a while back that were kept very hush, hush. If you happened to be lucky enough to find out there were problems, Toyota made it right - if you didn't they blamed you. First one that my brother had it happen - they blamed him and he believed them so he bought another one. I later found out some stuff - from those Car Talk guys. Second one, he did all of his scheduled maintenance and when they accused his not not changing his oil properly and using the wrong oil - he said, check your records boys. They fixed it for free.

I haven't heard of any other problems because my brother quit buying Siennas.

I'm a Honda Odyssey fan myself. Got a 2000 one with 135,000 miles on it and love it. Had a major problem with it at 105,000 miles - transmission had to be replaced. Honda had extended the warranty on the transmission to something like 6 years, 100,000 miles - I was beyond that by not much in miles, but a couple of years. They replaced it anyway for me.

Will get another one when mine falls apart.

Tough time for Toyota. I heard a radio add on an LA based station today. Longo Toyota, the biggest damned Toyota store you've ever seen is open as of now 24/7 to do your recall, no appointment necessary. Must suck to work in Toyota service right now big time.

Toyota will get through this though, they make a great product.

I only drove from the dealership, around town, and home. But it drives and rides great. The one we were loaned doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it is power everything, and I can't figure out to get the interior lights to come on when you open the door. I'm also apparently spoiled, cause I freaked out over having to turn my headlights on and off. My car is loaded, and I'm kinda missing the little things.

Archived