• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Toyota

sunbunny

Am I the only one still waiting to get my Camry fixed? Our appointment isn't until Wed. The dealership is giving us a Sienna to drive for our valentine's weekend get-a-way.

On a side note, someone call my hubby and tell him 2 teenagers and a preteen do not a romantic get-a-way make.

Word on the street is that there are really only 2 minivans to get, the Odyssey or the Sienna.

I'm leaning toward the Sienna because of the 4wd. Chicago is not a place to be driving sportscars or rearwheel drive anything. Even frontwheel drive is just ok.

4wd or nothin' for me, and the Sienna is the only mini that offers it.

I've been hearing that Toyota is struggling right now.

And not just because of that accelerator stuff.

Dunno.

I'm contemplating getting a Sienna, yeah, I'm that guy with the two carseats and minivan (maybe).

Let me know what you think of it.

My wife drives a Sienna. We got it about 4 months ago. She LOVES it.

She had a Nissan Quest before and it was a piece of crap. Drove bad...rattled...constant issues.

However, the Sienna has been very nice. I would recommend one if you must drive a minivan. Better....have wife drive minivan and you get a convertible.

That is my dream anyway.

I pick it up at 5 today. I'll let you know my first impressions. I can't remember in all the years Chris has been in cars, if he ever drove one home. I've driven every other van, though.

This week, he's been driving a mini cooper. I wish everyone could see Chris and both kids getting in that thing every morning. I'd love to keep it, but that won't happen.

Just drive your camery, You should be fine. Of course the dealership won't tell you this cuz they don't wanna be liable .. If you pedal happens to stick just throw your car in netural or you can hold the start button down for 3 seconds and you car will turn off.. To many people just freeze in shock when their car has an isssue soooo if anything happens just stay calm and do the things I stated.

As for minivans the best minivan on the market is the Mercedes Benz R class

My wife drives a Sienna. We got it about 4 months ago. She LOVES it.

She had a Nissan Quest before and it was a piece of crap. Drove bad...rattled...constant issues.

However, the Sienna has been very nice. I would recommend one if you must drive a minivan. Better....have wife drive minivan and you get a convertible.

That is my dream anyway.

The Quest we drove a couple of weeks ago was the same way. Electrical issues, too. The radio wouldn't work if you put it in reverse. My main issue was the turning ratio. I am not a bad parker. I can back a dually with a 20 ft trailer with no problem, let alone park it. I couldn't get the quest in a parking space to save my life.

Just drive your camery, You should be fine. Of course the dealership won't tell you this cuz they don't wanna be liable .. If you pedal happens to stick just throw your car in netural or you can hold the start button down for 3 seconds and you car will turn off.. To many people just freeze in shock when their car has an isssue soooo if anything happens just stay calm and do the things I stated.

As for minivans the best minivan on the market is the Mercedes Benz R class

Why should I drive my Camry when the dealership is offering a van? I drive it around town. My car doesn't have a start button. I turn the key.

Oh ok by the op I got the assumption that you weren't happy with driving a minivan lol.

No, it's all the kids going. One isn't even ours. LOL

Seriously, it's been a rough year for us. I can't leave them at home the first chance we get to go somewhere for the weekend. They'd better remember this later in life.

Archived