• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young Cannot Make Basic NFL Throws

BIGH2001

2 hours ago, frankw said:

It's funny that after all the hype and fluff and Steph Curry comparison revolving around him being a point guard suddenly now what we need is a mythical guru QB coach who can unlock Bryce Young.

Can anyone even name the QB coach for these undrafted rookie QB's that are winning despite their own inconvenient set of circumstances?

If only the "right" QB coach could have fixed Sam Darnold eh? 😏

We'd have been better off trying to use all that coaching power on someone with tools and size rather than pouring it into a 5’10” hole. 

3 hours ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Why do you keep coming back and posting if everyone here is so beneath you? Serious question. You obviously do not like this forum or the majority of it's posters. You keep bringing it up how all the wise members left long ago and everyone here is stupid. So why come here?

Seltzer would be making a ton of sense if it were like 5-7 "trolls" bashing Bryce while the other hundred that post here are behind him. But it's the exact opposite. There are a hundred or so that "bash" Young's play while there are 5-7 who think he's going to be fine "once everything perfectly aligns" for him. So, Seltzer, it seems the board hasn't changed like you feel it has. You are in the minority here. You can't honestly think that the 5-7 of you are right and the rest of us (who many have been here a long as you) are wrong. Can you?

• 8 months later...

Bryce Young's career stats excluding the Packers game:

16 starts, 305/521 (58.5%), 2,726 yards (5.2 YPA), 9 TDs, 12 INTs, 68.3 QB rating, 6 lost fumbles.

That Packers game, and really that 2nd half vs the Packers, was a total anomaly. The kid just doesn't have it.

• Pie 3

Is there any chance the Panthers will up Jack Plummer from the practice squad?  If Bryce continues to look bad you have to IR Bryce and bring up Jack. 

Jack looked bad the first couple of preseason games but really caught fire the last game. I actually thought he looked better than Bryce against Buffalo. He at least seems to know where to go on his first read where Bryce has the deer in the headlights look. 

2 hours ago, gakonline said:

Is there any chance the Panthers will up Jack Plummer from the practice squad?  If Bryce continues to look bad you have to IR Bryce and bring up Jack. 

Jack looked bad the first couple of preseason games but really caught fire the last game. I actually thought he looked better than Bryce against Buffalo. He at least seems to know where to go on his first read where Bryce has the deer in the headlights look. 

Jack showed real progress throughout the preseason 

We already know Bryce can’t play why not at least give Jack 10 games or so? Truthfully we have nothing to lose 

• Pie 1

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Jack showed real progress throughout the preseason 

We already know Bryce can’t play why not at least give Jack 10 games or so? Truthfully we have nothing to lose 

Jack was playing against guys no longer in the league. I'm ready for a change as much as anyone but don't expect it to look or be any better if he's thrown out there. If it's just for entertainment value then yes I'm all for it.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Jack was playing against guys no longer in the league. I'm ready for a change as much as anyone but don't expect it to look or be any better if he's thrown out there. If it's just for entertainment value then yes I'm all for it.

Well he throws a better deep ball than Bryce so that immediately gives him an advantage over Bryce in Dave’s system 

But yeah more so for entertainment and quite frankly I’ve seen enough of Bryce

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Well he throws a better deep ball than Bryce so that immediately gives him an advantage over Bryce in Dave’s system 

But yeah more so for entertainment and quite frankly I’ve seen enough of Bryce

He's got a slow ass release but yes his deep ball is night and day to BY