• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So.. I had an epiphany last night...

Samuel L. Jackson

Food snobs, ugh, why are there so many on the huddle? Does the ratio of food snobbiness increase with nerdiness?

Anyhoo, reminds me of my favorite story on this subject, except it involved a friend (at least I thought he was a friend).

This guy tells me and two of my buddies about some killer party with mucho hot chicks. We hop in dudes jeep and go to the Luxbury hotel in matthews and head straight for the presidential suite, things were looking good.

Until we got inside, twas a sausage fest and we were pissed. The three of us wanted to leave immediately. Dude jerked us around for an hour saying he was just about to leave. Luckily I lived about 3 miles away and didn't mind walking to my car. We all got in my car and headed back up the hotel and proceeded to let all the air out of ole boys tires. Then we went out and had some real fun, he must have called each of us 100 times when he found out what we had done. I told him he shouldn't have fuged with me.

Maybe the reason I let some folks kind of walk over me in life is because I don't call out the bullpoo as I see it... Prepare for a lengthy story that could end up being Tinderbox worthy...

So, wifey and I decide to head out to a sit-down dinner last night just because we didn't feel like making anything at the house... We chose an Applebees...

We are like 2 out of 20 people in the entire place... Our waitress gets our drink order, returns with them (and leaves no straws), then comes back and takes our order and thankfully gives us straws upon my request...

Wifey and I were both very hungry, as she's preggo, and I'm just a fatass... So we ordered an appetizer of mozzarella sticks...

We wait and wait, for at least 35-40 minutes, and then another waitress brings out our meals... No sign of mozzarella sticks... We tell this waitress that we had ordered some and that we hadn't gotten them yet... Now our meal was there, and there was no point in getting an appetizer, but I told her just to bring them out anyways and we'd get a box to take them home... After she leaves our table, our waitress stops by and asks if everything is good... I told her about the mozzarella sticks and she realizes she never brought them out... She goes and returns with some a few moments later, and states that ours had been sitting out there, so she made us a fresh batch instead... Ok, whatever... I was cool with all that, just a little annoyed...

Then came the fun part... A party of three were sat in the booth behind us... It was two older women and a younger guy... One lady sat on the side of the booth with the younger guy, and I could immediately tell that there were involved in some sort of relationship...

This was later verified, as I saw her basically keep her face within a couple inches of his the majority of time, continuously talk into his ear, and kiss him... Our waitress came to take their drink order and the same lady immediately starts talking so all 20 people in the restaurant, stating how she wanted a martini and wanted so-and-so to make it because he knew how she liked it... generally just making her presence known to everyone in the vicinity...

She also proceeded to order some wings, in the bone... Her wings were brought out within 5 minutes, and after the waitress left, she proceeded to exclaim aloud how that these wings just would not do because they were too spicy, and that they would put her in the hospital, and if they did, she was going to be taking someone from the restaurant with her and getting a free meal... After a minute or so of loud complaining, she gets up, basket of wings in hand, and proclaims that she will go find the waitress and tell her to make another batch of non-spicy ones to replace them...

When she returns to her seat, there is a lot of chit-chat between her and the young guy, most of which is one sided... her being the one side...

In that process, just by being in the booth next to her (even though I am sure everyone in the restaurant heard this as well), I learned the following:

She was 43... the young guy was 23...

She had been in prison at some point, because she proudly boasted this as she was describing how she was not afraid of the young guy's girlfriend...apparently the girlfriend had threatened the older lady about meeting her man at a hotel or something...

She had plans for the two of them that night, which involved something related to motor oil, and that if the young guy was too tired, she would send him home and he could just look at the pictures she had taken for him and that she would call some other guy named Rico or something...

Also, she was lecturing the younger guy about the 15 year old he was also apparently having sex with, to which he responded that she wasn't 15, to which she responded that she (the older lady) was just going on what the girl had told her...

Needless to say, wifey and I were ready to get the hell out of there and not have to listen to any more of the sickening life story of this lady... Our check couldn't come fast enough, and when it did, we were out...

When we got into the car, I told my wife that it would have been so nice to tell the lady to shut the hell up... Of course, I and most people restrain themselves in those types of situations... But then came the epiphany...

Why?

Maybe that is what is wrong with the world... Maybe I should start calling out the bullpoo when I see it rather than just being the better person and biting my tongue...

How would you have reacted? I didn't want to get the restaurant folk involved, because they were just running a business, and her actions weren't really their concern other than bothering other customers...

What would have happened if I had put her in her place? It probably would have gotten real ugly at some point, because she is the type that she'd keep running her mouth just to spite me... I'll never know though, because I didn't...

I think I am at a point in my general disgust of people that there's not going to be a Mr. Nice Guy anymore... I don't really care what the consequences are... I feel like people only carry on the way they do sometimes because they haven't been called out...

Anyone have an opinion, or a solution other than turning the other cheek?

Wait till that child is born. Your going to be one confused m*therf*cker then. :D

sam, i've found its not worth my time. i did a experiment awhile back about calling people on their BS. one I'm no BS police, who am I to say whats right or wrong? another people will not listen nor care. in the end i found myself more disappoint and felt i did more harm than help. hell, i made a guy cry over something dumb. come to find out, he was having a terrible week and black cloud was following him.

who am i to judge?

after that, i will only do something, IF a child/woman is getting beaten. other wise its not my business and nor should it be. i stay to myself.

sam, i've found its not worth my time. i did a experiment awhile back about calling people on their BS. one I'm no BS police, who am I to say whats right or wrong? another people will not listen nor care. in the end i found myself more disappoint and felt i did more harm than help. hell, i made a guy cry over something dumb. come to find out, he was having a terrible week and black cloud was following him.

who am i to judge?

after that, i will only do something, IF a child/woman is getting beaten. other wise its not my business and nor should it be. i stay to myself.

Seems in conflict with your comment in a recent thread about Electro. But I agree that it's usually not worth it.

Seems in conflict with your comment in a recent thread about Electro. But I agree that it's usually not worth it.

which one? my first one said people who are sick and emotional, are not themselves. a many GREAT people fall victim to sickness and emotions. people who never harm a fly, go on a killing spree. cops will tell you, the by far most dangerous call is domestic violence. i just hate to see honestly lose. if a person who you don not know does _______, its wrong. but if the same action was done by your son, daughter, or friend its ok then....

I can understand how you'd feel that way -- I'm just saying that's not exactly keeping to yourself and refraining from judgment.

maybe I'm unaware for my own judgements, i dont see where i did. my first comment was along the lines of "this was very unlike eletro", then stated sickness and emotions are life changers. find that quote, not just that one.

i will state facts that may afend people so dont read after this----people stated they want honor a person who took their own life along with 13 horses. electro was competent enough to use a computer(proof he posted here) and even dial a canada phone number and hold a conversation with friend before the issues(proof in thread). but was unable to do other things and people wanted to build a statue in his honor? many things do not add up, like this not being a one day issue and saying things but doing opposite. i have not much to say against harming ones self, but bring others along is a different story. this is every close to beating wife/child aka unknowing defenseless animals deal.

then I posted in hawks thread(before he deleted it and didnt know if you were referring to it). say "john smith" did the same actions and electro was able to comment. electro and others would tear "John Smith" a new one over and over. bring up to electro about honoring "john smiths" after his actions, he'd rant, rave and flame anyone defending "John". people are scared to be honest, again it loses.

Archived