• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN The Mag looking for Panthers fan!

ESPN scribe

Let's see. The Panthers are based out of Charlotte NC. I wonder where most Panther fans are? ( I know we are everywhere! Don't get uppity) Wow I'm not even a Reporter and I can figure this one out.

Buy a ticket and jump on a plane, then go to the tailgate! I bet you might find a few stories there.

No wonder the news sucks nowadays, reporters want the story to come to them.

Those Harris Teeter subs are great. Only the one near me raised its price to $2.99.

The one in Weddington, NC was selling theirs for $1.49 at lunchtime. Best of all, that price applied to all the subs, not just a daily special.

This thread has now been hijacked.

Dude Harris Teeter subs are gods gift to North Carolina. In the underground Harris Teeter downtown they have the "Hoov Special" which is basically like a cold cut trio sandwich.

They closed the HT in Statesville a few years ago. :( That's why the "show your VIC card" at the games gets a middle finger from me. :P

Guys - I think what he is looking for is a fan who has a particular routine that must happen every game - home or away. Yes, the tailgate is a ritual, and Mush would be the routine guy for home games, but even moreso with those plaid shorts he wore for every home game this season.

It seems that he wants a fan who has a pre-game ritual that must be followed, superstitions and all. Like the one guy who had a ratty recliner that he had to sit in or we lost.

We could find out who the true OCD fan is with this one... :)

I've got a few rituals for you. I start off by bathing in pigs blood and toweling off with dead kittens. Then I go to a neighbors house, naked, and throw the kittens at his living room window. Before the cops get there, I crap in a bag, lay it on his doorstep, light in on fire, ring the doorbell and run like hell.

There used to be someone who had some kind of ritual with his cat - was it SCPantherFan. I remember it all the way back from the official board days because there was an article about him in the Observer, but because he didn't live here, he didn't have copies. I sent him mine.

I've got a few rituals for you. I start off by bathing in pigs blood and toweling off with dead kittens. Then I go to a neighbors house, naked, and throw the kittens at his living room window. Before the cops get there, I crap in a bag, lay it on his doorstep, light in on fire, ring the doorbell and run like hell.

wow, and I thought I was the only one! :tongue:

Did a Google search on [email protected], came back with 7 hits... Looks like he targeted the Vikes, Bucs, Giants, and Carolina message boards (he posted saying he was looking for CAR fans on the Vikes MB :P)... As well as some MMA stuff and an ESPN mag link...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2908429

In the ESPN.com article he lists his email addy as [email protected] in the "round 12" part... I'd have to say this request may be legit

sure- that way folks can email him aimless stupid sh*t all year long.

A buddy of mine from college works for ESPN, many of you have seen him on TV quite a bit. Nonetheless, he WILL NOT respond to emails sent to him on the ESPN website, as he receives 10,000 a week. He has asked me to personally to send stuff to his personal e-mail account. He also has an additional email account for different tid-bits. Quite a bit like this gentleman.

Archived