• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ESPN The Mag looking for Panthers fan!

ESPN scribe

Tim Struby here, writer at ESPN The Magazine and I’m STILL looking for a Panthers fan for an ESPN THE MAGAZINE feature story. True . (I’m on the masthead of the Mag – have been with them for 10 years!) Am doing a feature for ESPN’s annual ‘Fan Issue’ and I need a Panthers fan that has some hardcore pre-game and game day rituals. Like eating certain foods at a certain time for dinner the night before a game. Or washing a game day outfit twice the night before and then sleeping exactly 6.5 hours, then having the same two friends over who sit in the same spots for the start of the game, then rotating seats during each commercial. Stuff like that…The stranger the better!!

What do I want to do? To sit with and watch different fans go through their rituals and whatever crazy stuff they do leading up to their team’s game. I’ll bring my pen and pad and photographer and you’ll be in ESPN The Magazine!

Anyone with such rituals, please drop me a note at [email protected]. Looking to nail down some subjects soon!

Now I know somebody on here could give this guy something to write about. Hell, make up some good sh*t for him! This really sounds like a natural for several Huddle regulars.

Zod, 9lives, Scrum, Kurb? I know you guys could do something for this guy!

Are you looking for people that live in just the Charlotte area, or does it matter? For example I live 4 hours from Charlotte, but always go up the day before the game.

Just curious as to what your travel limitations are. The Huddle tailgate would be a pretty good place to take pics if you ask me.

And that is a TRUE ritual.

Let's see.

After church I leave immediately with my friend and we go get Harris Teeter 2.49$ subs. Then we rush back to his place and watch the game on his roomate's 45" HD 1080p Samsung TV. We all wear our jerseys and paint our faces. Once I get a career down, or the band takes off Season tickets every year for the rest of my life.

Here is a nice picture for you:

n1491420168_30141924_5592.jpg

Tim Struby here, writer at ESPN The Magazine and I’m STILL looking for a Panthers fan for an ESPN THE MAGAZINE feature story. True . (I’m on the masthead of the Mag – have been with them for 10 years!) Am doing a feature for ESPN’s annual ‘Fan Issue’ and I need a Panthers fan that has some hardcore pre-game and game day rituals. Like eating certain foods at a certain time for dinner the night before a game. Or washing a game day outfit twice the night before and then sleeping exactly 6.5 hours, then having the same two friends over who sit in the same spots for the start of the game, then rotating seats during each commercial. Stuff like that…The stranger the better!!

What do I want to do? To sit with and watch different fans go through their rituals and whatever crazy stuff they do leading up to their team’s game. I’ll bring my pen and pad and photographer and you’ll be in ESPN The Magazine!

Anyone with such rituals, please drop me a note at [email protected]. Looking to nail down some subjects soon!

If you want a REAL GOOD STORY -- you should fly down for the Carolina Huddle Tailgate for the playoff game.

The WHOLE THING is a ritual for about 50-100 people. Pleople come from all over the country (I fly down from AK) and come together with insane food, great FUn and then we raise money for the Huddles "Toys 4 Tots" bike drive. Over $5,000.00 raised this year and made A LOT of little kids happy on christmas.

All because a bunch of Crazy Panther fans....

Now thats a Story.

Let's see.

After church I leave immediately with my friend and we go get Harris Teeter 2.49$ subs. Then we rush back to his place and watch the game on his roomate's 45" HD 1080p Samsung TV. We all wear our jerseys and paint our faces. Once I get a career down, or the band takes off Season tickets every year for the rest of my life.

Those Harris Teeter subs are great. Only the one near me raised its price to $2.99.

Archived