• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sad News about a Fellow Huddler

kittycat

He and I had a turbulent relationship. We had some vicious battles and we had a strong camaraderie as well. These last several months have been fun and positive times with him, and I'm glad for that now. He was always passionate about what he was saying, no matter what... except for the times when he was playing a joke, and he was a fun jokester. I will remember him most for the 1 time that I met him in person at a huddle tailgate and he was the most fun, excited and just really happy dude when he was there. He had permagrin, it seemed. That's what I'll tuck away and choose to remember about Clifton, may he now rest in peace.

Perhaps another thread can be started to discuss the "events" pertaining to these circumstances and let's keep this thread for remembrances of him.

I have just now been able to post because we have just know gotten our internet back after 4 days without power and after reading a lot of these posts I just wanted to say. I loved Clifton like a brother. I talked to him several late nights in the last couple of months and I really dont think alot of you know what he was going thru. His liver was shot way before he got the news about his cancer. He was on alot of medication for it and it made him really week. He didnt even make it to the last two home games because he was too weak to drive. First time since the beginning of the franchise that he missed a game. That alone let me know how bad he was. He loved the huddle and he loved stirring the pot, but most of all he loved alot of you guys. The last time I talked to him it was about midnight about a week ago and he was at his wits end. He was struggling with the fact that he couldnt beat his alcohol addiction just so he could get on the list for a new liver. He was hurting all the way around and all I could do was tell him I loved him and that if he needed me anytime to call. Clifton was an awesome guy who loved helping others as much as he could and I already miss him so much. He offered to give our daughter a horse about 2 months ago and we couldnt afford to take care of it or board it. thats the kinda man he was. Screw the news and anything you might read or hear, he was a great man, a great friend, and i wish there was something more I could have done. I love you brother and I know your pain is over now. You have the best seat in the house now for all the games. Put in a good word for the Panthers for us and I'll see ya again one day.

To all his family and loved ones I am sorry I cannot attend the funeral but if you need anything at all that I can help you with please call me. 828-674-1627. Brian.

I have just now been able to post because we have just know gotten our internet back after 4 days without power and after reading a lot of these posts I just wanted to say. I loved Clifton like a brother. I talked to him several late nights in the last couple of months and I really dont think alot of you know what he was going thru. His liver was shot way before he got the news about his cancer. He was on alot of medication for it and it made him really week. He didnt even make it to the last two home games because he was too weak to drive. First time since the beginning of the franchise that he missed a game. That alone let me know how bad he was. He loved the huddle and he loved stirring the pot, but most of all he loved alot of you guys. The last time I talked to him it was about midnight about a week ago and he was at his wits end. He was struggling with the fact that he couldnt beat his alcohol addiction just so he could get on the list for a new liver. He was hurting all the way around and all I could do was tell him I loved him and that if he needed me anytime to call. Clifton was an awesome guy who loved helping others as much as he could and I already miss him so much. He offered to give our daughter a horse about 2 months ago and we couldnt afford to take care of it or board it. thats the kinda man he was. Screw the news and anything you might read or hear, he was a great man, a great friend, and i wish there was something more I could have done. I love you brother and I know your pain is over now. You have the best seat in the house now for all the games. Put in a good word for the Panthers for us and I'll see ya again one day.

To all his family and loved ones I am sorry I cannot attend the funeral but if you need anything at all that I can help you with please call me. 828-674-1627. Brian.

Hey- Some of us Miss you too man.. I hate that I cant be there for this...

Maybe us two can hook up for Training Camp since me and Clif were going?

I sure as hell am gonna miss Clif...

something had to be wrong with him not taking care of the animals, I can remember many conversations with him talking about how many bales of hay he could fit on a truck. Something wasn't normal there at the end.

Not the last time I talked to him, but the time before he did say "I get to get off the phone to feed the horses." So who knows? Just putting on a happy face, even for people he didn't really know. I don't know, but that wasn't the first time he had brought up the animals.

I pray for his family and friends. Committing suicide is such a selfish act and im sure his family was undeserving of that.

Why is that? Maybe he was too far gone to do anything. Maybe he saved the family alot of pain and money. Boy, I really need some of Panthro's rocks...

Not the last time I talked to him, but the time before he did say "I get to get off the phone to feed the horses." So who knows? Just putting on a happy face, even for people he didn't really know. I don't know, but that wasn't the first time he had brought up the animals.

Why is that? Maybe he was too far gone to do anything. Maybe he saved the family alot of pain and money. Boy, I really need some of Panthro's rocks...

Someone said they found dead dogs, too. It's not a pretty situation.

Huh?? Had you actually been on the property and seen this?? You can honestly say these animals were being cared for??????

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6988762/

Was Clifton really only diagnosed Friday? This neglect has been going on for months, and i think the authorities shoulder some of the blame here. The neighbors had reported this long ago.

Watch the video people.

I have been on the property cause I was with him all week long. There is more to this and I cant go into details. As far as him being sick, he has been sick for along time. In case you are wondering I am his girlfriend.

This is not the place for judgment.

This is a place where friends/Huddlers remember someone who loved greatly but was too proud to realize that people loved him even more for his quirks and prankster ways. My memories of him are of these things. I am so sad that he couldn't reach out and let someone help him. In the end, none of us could really help him. Pancreatic cancer is a painful, slow, agonizing way to die and it is a rare person who will survive it. He had many other things complicating his ability to FUNCTION and I will not judge a man who was enduring the kind of pain he had.

Stop with this bs judgment here on this thread. You don't have to like nor respect this man but leave it be. He has family and friends HERE who love him. I don't know that I would want to put my family through pancreatic cancer and watching me die a slow, torturous death. I am a Christian. It would be extremely difficult for me to think if I were in his place, that I would want my family could endure something like that.

I don't know what I would do in his place and I, for one, will not judge. I know he loved greatly as I personally witnessed his passion at tailgates and on this messageboard.

May God give him the peace that he sought and the love he will miss here on earth.

Just to clarify, no one here is passing judgement because of how he chose to go out. Some of us are happy he chose to go it alone.

I do hope his family can recover from the loss as quickly as possible and have only best wishes for them.

Archived