• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sad News about a Fellow Huddler

kittycat

This thread is about people remembering and honoring a friend. There are some screwed up things in the story and we all don't know the depth at which Clif was suffering.

You do not know that he was neglecting the horses. Apparently, from people who know him better than I do, there is more to this story.

Please keep your dumb-ass comments to yourself. We are grieving and remembering a friend who is no longer with us.

They're not my comments. I also said we'd have to wait and see when all the facts come out.

I think it's a horrible situation all around.

They're not my comments. I also said we'd have to wait and see when all the facts come out.

I think it's a horrible situation all around.

I read the same comments and saw the same pictures. The pictures were very disturbing to me. However, I know Clif and believe in my heart that there was something else going on besides neglect. I know how much he loved those animals and can't believe that he woudl do anything to hurt them.

I just don't know the depths at which Cliff had sunk...physically, mentally, and emotionally. However, I am sure he was hurting beyond anything any of us knew or imagined.

Plain and simple....he was a weird guy at times, but he was a genuinely good-hearted individual.

I read the same comments and saw the same pictures. The pictures were very disturbing to me. However, I know Clif and believe in my heart that there was something else going on besides neglect. I know how much he loved those animals and can't believe that he woudl do anything to hurt them.

I just don't know the depths at which Cliff had sunk...physically, mentally, and emotionally. However, I am sure he was hurting beyond anything any of us knew or imagined.

Plain and simple....he was a weird guy at times, but he was a genuinely good-hearted individual.

I have no doubt about any of that.

MH

This stuff happens all the time. Animal lovers keep bringing in animals until it gets to a point where they can't feed them all. Then they are afraid to call the Humane Society out of fear that the animals will be put down. But you can't let them starve, man. That's just cruel. I see it on the news around here (SC) a lot. Home had dog and cat feces, starved animals everywhere...with animal ownership comes responsibility. By showcasing these cases on the news, hopefully it can prevent someone else from doing it.

I've got an old lady on my street who has 32 cats. I have two dogs and two cats and I'm pushing it. How in the world can someone keep 32 cats healthy?

The saddest part is that someone like Clif wasn't being cruel because he was a sicko who got off on it, he was being cruel out of fear of losing the things he loved. It's still a news story, though.

Well, there are obviously some things with this situation that are not pretty... but that's not what I'm gonna remember him for. Cliff obviously had some personal issues that he was dealing with, as we all do...

I choose to remember him as fun-loving Electro who cut up on the huddle with me everyday and who was the kind of guy who would befriend and take-in complete strangers just because he was a nice guy. That may not be enough for some of you, but it's enough for me.

Well, there are obviously some things with this situation that are not pretty... but that's not what I'm gonna remember him for. Cliff obviously had some personal issues that he was dealing with, as we all do...

I choose to remember him as fun-loving Electro who cut up on the huddle with me everyday and who was the kind of guy who would befriend and take-in complete strangers just because he was a nice guy. That may not be enough for some of you, but it's enough for me.

I'll always remember him for both. I really liked him on this board. I didn't like what happened on his property. Whenever I'd see a story like that on the news, I'd think "what kind of sick..." Now I know that it can be a very nice person who just doesn't know what to do. He loves his animals too much to do the right thing, sadly.

Well said Biscuit....that is definitely how I will remember Clifton. Chasing me aroudn the Huddle Tailgate trying to grab my ass and hump my leg. Fond memories.

Talked to him last weekend for about an hour. He was trying to make sure I knew what to look out for when we go to Mexico in a few months. Gave me all the advice he had and even volunteered to go along and make sure everyone stayed safe. He was laughing when he volunteered to go along and I never thought that would be the last time we talked. I asked how he was doing and if he needed anything and as usual he said everything was fine and laughed. Going to miss those late night phone calls! Had a great time tailgating with him this past year, just remember to not scratch his truck when packing up after the game. Training camp and tailgates will never be the same without him!:frown: :cryin:

Archived