• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sad News about a Fellow Huddler

kittycat

I knew Clifton for 7 years, since our Super Bowl. Met him on another Panther board, recognized his blue wig from his avatar, introduced myself at the next game, and was in tailgating heaven since. Man, was he technologically challenged. Constantly calling me with, “How do I do this?”, “Did you see what that guy said to me?” etc, etc. He started out on the internet taking everything very personal …. You can imagine how that worked out if you ever met him ….

He quit that site (but kept in touch with a lot of the people especially with fantasy football) and just didn’t know what to do with himself. I talked him into joining the Huddle knowing he wouldn’t feel so “attacked” here. He fit right in. I also talked him into trying out the Huddle tailgate. We had tried a small lot up the hill from the Huddle tailgate and it didn’t quite work out.

So, yes, you can blame me for bringing Electro/9Lives to the Huddle. It’s all my fault. Believe me, it took a lot of convincing at first. But as Clifton always did, he fully immersed himself. That man never did anything halfway. It was all or nothing.

Having said that, and knowing how much he loved his girls (you too, Susan) and enjoyed life, I can understand how difficult his final decision must have been. I don’t condone ending your own life but I can fully appreciate where he was, how he felt about himself, about his animals. Like I said, it was all or nothing. He was a very independent man. For how much we talked, he never told me how badly he was doing. Damn, I would’ve talked him into seeing a doctor early. My 6 uncles on my mom’s side all passed from cancer because they went to the doctor too late.

Which should be Clifton’s legacy to every Huddle man: See your doctor regularly, get a full exam periodically. If you feel things have changed in any way, see your doctor! You won’t be a wimp, you’ll be smart.

I’m so going to miss you, Clifton, my friend. As people have said here, you’d do anything to help anybody ….. even a Cowboy fan, I’m sure. Anything, no questions asked. Oh, the stories I could tell from knowing you for only 7 years. You brightened my life. He helped me after my heart surgery, calling often to see how I was doing. I’m so sorry I hadn’t made it to the tailgate in 2 years to see him, I’ve felt lucky just making it to the game. But we still talked.

I can’t believe it. I can’t believe it. It’s taken me forever to write this, I keep crying.

You know... i just read the comments on the newspapers website and it doesn't suprise me a bit.. it's typical america..they are all do-gooder holy rolling, egotistical,,more worried about a damn animal than the human that is affected in the story,, and quick to point a finger so that they can lift themselves up kind of person...... Clifton was sick... terminally ill... but yet he was too proud to ask for help from a stranger...he was a giver that would do anything for anyone.. no matter if he liked you or hated you... if it was the right thing to do then it was done no questions asked.... that was his only crime... If he had been healty and rich none of this would have happend.. in fact.. he would have been the first to offer help to anyone who needed it.. but instead he was a proud man... to proud in fact to ask for help... in fact.. thats probably how he ended up with so many horses... I will bet you a $1000 right now that he rescued every one of them......because thats the kind of MAN that he was.... and as far as Mrs Brewer... I hope you sleep so well tonight.. cause it's obvious you are a bitch.. a selfless. twofaced bitch that is quick to be seen on Sunday... and bitch about someone on Monday... ... if you were so damn concerned..you would have thrown a bale of hay across the fence.. oh but no... you were too busy getting your hair done and talking gossip at the beauty parlor untill the cameras showed up and you suddenly want to ride the wave for your fifteen minutes of fame that we are all supposedly entitled too.

After I read that article, the only question I had was, Why didn't anyone stop and see how he was, if he needed any help with the horses, especially if they had been well cared for earlier.

I'd rep too if I could.

Hidden

RIP Clifton. As bizarre as his behavior was I have to agree with many others here in that he would do anything for anyone. He would get so pissed over things said on here that he would blow my phone up to vent. He brought and prepared food for many tailgates and never asked for a penny. He hooked countless people up with tickets and would bring them to the recipients rather than make them come and get them. Hell, he threw a Jon Boat and a trailer (that he paid for and let me get him back later for) in the back of his truck and brought them a couple of hundred miles to me just as a favor. Very strange sounding story being reported about all of this so I will pass no judgment. God Speed

Good morning everyone

I had reported earlier that the funeral service was scheduled for Friday, but it actually is going to be tomorrow, Wednesday in Clinton, NC. The family is at the funeral home now making arrangements and are trying to plan for 1:00 or 2:00. I am not sure if it will be at a church or the funeral home at this point. As soon as this is all confirmed, I will update you all. If anyone is able to attend, I know the family would really appreciate it. As you can imagine, his parents are struggling with this and any support from people that loved their son would be welcome.

Thanks again for all the support - you are a special group of people.

Leslie

Hey Again - Sorry to do this, but the plans have changed again. The family will receive friends from 2:00 - 3:00 on Thursday, Feb. 11th, at Crumpler-Honeycutt Funeral Home, 118 Fayetteville St., Clinton, NC 28328, (910) 592-2066. The service will begin at 3:00 at the funeral home.

Wow the news and paper really piss me off. I am an animal lover and feel bad for the horses but I will always put a human life first. As many have attested to Clif was a generous and giving person but it seems one can only take so much.

Its as if the news just adds a side note "oh btw he ended his own life" but the poor horses. This is such BS.

I truely hope Clif has found peace and this has ended his suffering. May he rest in peace and may the Panthers win a SUPERBOWL in his honor next season.

What GR said is the biggest take away of all. GUYS, GET YOUR EXAMS.

I put off my 40 yr old for a year. I will be 42 in March but this guy is getting his physical before that time.

It's clear what is trying to be said to me and I'm going to listen.

thanks

You know... i just read the comments on the newspapers website and it doesn't suprise me a bit.. it's typical america..they are all do-gooder holy rolling, egotistical,,more worried about a damn animal than the human that is affected in the story,, and quick to point a finger so that they can lift themselves up kind of person...... Clifton was sick... terminally ill... but yet he was too proud to ask for help from a stranger...he was a giver that would do anything for anyone.. no matter if he liked you or hated you... if it was the right thing to do then it was done no questions asked.... that was his only crime... If he had been healty and rich none of this would have happend.. in fact.. he would have been the first to offer help to anyone who needed it.. but instead he was a proud man... to proud in fact to ask for help... in fact.. thats probably how he ended up with so many horses... I will bet you a $1000 right now that he rescued every one of them......because thats the kind of MAN that he was.... and as far as Mrs Brewer... I hope you sleep so well tonight.. cause it's obvious you are a bitch.. a selfless. twofaced bitch that is quick to be seen on Sunday... and bitch about someone on Monday... ... if you were so damn concerned..you would have thrown a bale of hay across the fence.. oh but no... you were too busy getting your hair done and talking gossip at the beauty parlor untill the cameras showed up and you suddenly want to ride the wave for your fifteen minutes of fame that we are all supposedly entitled too.
I agree with you. I know for a fact cause I was with him Sunday before all this happened and then he was calling me. Cliff was sick but not once did he stop caring for his animals. As to what happened to them we dont know yet. The animals were beening took care of though. As far as him asking for help he was a quite person and no one knew his pain. I will not forget his last words to me and that is he loved me.

dUDE YOU HAVE NO CLUE-- STFU

aND NEITHER DO THE people talking out of their ass on that page.

Since when was a horses life worth more than a man?

Where my huckle buck country hick ass grew up a mans business is a mans business, and what is his is for no other person to be sticking thier nose in..

Clif didnt starve these horses to death, the whole "neglect" BS is just that. All you know is what you are reading from some damn peta ass news agency...

There is nothing "good" about rubbing the man through the dirt because of the situation..

Is the whole thing fvcked up- YES- but if you knew Clif it would all make more sense.

keep your BS OPINIONS in another thread--

This is beyond dumb. The dude had 13 dead horses on his property and then killed himself. Of course that's going to make the news.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see what the final verdict was, but according to neighbors, he'd been neglecting the horses for months, and some had resorted to eating tree bark because they had no other source of food.

This is beyond dumb. The dude had 13 dead horses on his property and then killed himself. Of course that's going to make the news.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see what the final verdict was, but according to neighbors, he'd been neglecting the horses for months, and some had resorted to eating tree bark because they had no other source of food.

This thread is about people remembering and honoring a friend. There are some screwed up things in the story and we all don't know the depth at which Clif was suffering.

You do not know that he was neglecting the horses. Apparently, from people who know him better than I do, there is more to this story.

Please keep your dumb-ass comments to yourself. We are grieving and remembering a friend who is no longer with us.

Archived