• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sad News about a Fellow Huddler

kittycat

First of all, my wife and I would like to extend condolances and prayers to anyone who needs them.

Second, I would like to congratulate everyone for knowing someone who was apparently a damn decent person (I never had the face to face pleasure).

Third, I'd like to say that Electro was the first Huddler who ever spoke to me at length on here. If he hadn't been so cordial, and hadn't made me laugh, I probably wouldn't have hung around here for very long. Always looked forward to meeting him one day. While I never got the chance to meet him, he was always a pleasure on here, even when he was being a total ass.

Farewell and adieu to you, fair spanish ladies....

RIP Electro

Finally, if any of you need to reach out to a stranger, I may not be the best conversationalist but I do have skilled ears and I will offer whatever advice I can. Drop a line.

No one else is allowed to die before I get a chance to meet them. That's an order.

Regarding the newspaper article, I think they focused on the horses because they usually don't report suicides. At least they didn't used to. The suicide was part of the horse story, so they included it.

I'm sorry, but 13 dead horses and nine emaciated ones is a news story. Some people don't give a crap about animals and that's their issue, but many people do. I'll stand toe to toe with anyone who has a problem with that.

so sorry to hear this. even though i disagreed with him in threads often, he always brought his A game and was looking for a little back-and-forth. NOT looking for a lecture, like some trolls are. seemed like a good dude.

as for the media focusing on the dead horses, i think that aspect is newsworthy because there has been a strange rash of farmers killing their livestock and themselves in succession recently. so it is certainly worth noting, and probably even worth focusing on. but the loss of a human life is definitely tragic, and attention should be paid to that as well.

Regarding the newspaper article, I think they focused on the horses because they usually don't report suicides. At least they didn't used to. The suicide was part of the horse story, so they included it.

I'm sorry, but 13 dead horses and nine emaciated ones is a news story. Some people don't give a crap about animals and that's their issue, but many people do. I'll stand toe to toe with anyone who has a problem with that.

another article from this evening.. http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6988087/

Lots of good comments in this thread regarding this disturbingly sad news. Including Meats here. A man with with 13 dead horses on his property, that refuses to come out of his home and kills himself when cops come in, is going to make a sensational headline. You cant expect them not to tell the story.

Its apparent the man had many, many problems long before this past Friday, that his huddle friends had no clue about.

Im sorry for all of his friends and family. One can only hope the man has found peace.

Archived