• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sad News about a Fellow Huddler

kittycat

In eastern cultures it is often seen as an honorable thing. I never did get the "selfish thing to do" that people always say. You're assuming the person did it to get back at someone else. Sometimes a person feels overwhelmed and they feel they have no control whatsoever over their life and so they seek to control its end. Yes, they are leaving behind people who miss them, but in their mind they are in too deep to get their head back above water in life.

First of all, may God bless Clifton, his family, and all his loved ones. I am so sad to hear of the circumstances but I will not judge him nor his actions. Only he knows the true depth of his despair and it was enormous in that he chose this path. A diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is horrible and a terrible prognosis to face alone or with loved ones.

I am so sad to really take this in and realize that it's really true. We don't know all the circumstances and the depth of his depression as a result of his situation and honestly, it's not my place to judge his decision or him. He was a unique man that I did get to meet and he was a character and he was funny at tailgates.

He and I had something amazing in common and that was a love of the Panthers and a deep respect and admiration of Sam Mills. He and I chatted a few times about Sam Mills and how we both missed seeing him on the field and on the sidelines. I never thought I would be sitting here knowing that I won't get to see Clifton/9Lives/Electro again at a Huddle tailgate and won't get to talk trash with him again.

I am sad in light of this terrible news and wish that he had reached out to some of the Huddle friends he loved so much. I hope than any of you Huddlers who are out there will remember that we're all a community, a family of folks who have a common bond and love for something that connects us all. I hope that if there is someone in a bad part of life - that you will connect with someone, anyone, and reach out.

I hope and pray I will remember this myself and will be unafraid to rely on my friends when I really need them. RIP Clifton.

I also would like to contribute to something....flowers....or like Mush said....see what the family requests.

My guess is that Clifton had been ill for some time. When I saw him at one of the last tailgates of the year, I was struck by how much weight he had lost. I thought he looked really frail. Friday he found out he did not have long to live. To say that must have been devastating is such an understatement that we can try to imagine but can't even come close. I would never judge anyone in that situation for taking their own life. I understand his decision but also understand the complexity of the sadness and tragedy for his family and friends. As for the rest of it, I think it was 5158Poundin who mentioned that none of us know the despair which must have taken a toll on him before Friday. I think compassion is the appropriate thing here.

People have the right to say what they want...you can neg rep him if you like

yeah I (reluctantly) have to agree...I consider the source. Even the media has chosen to focus on some dead animals instead of what might have caused this man to make what must be the hardest decision anyone could possibly face. Do they really think he chose to kill himself so he wouldn't have to answer for the dead horses? Maybe there were bigger issues at play? Unemployment...no doubt feeling like a failure in the eyes of his little girls? And worst of all receiving a death sentence only 2 days prior? Nahhh...it must have been the horses. Makes me want to strangle a motherf**ker.

I never met him in person (still haven't been to a huddle tailgate yet after all these years, but hopefully will this one), but I always loved his posts. This sounds weird, but before the server had crashed after that ATL game last year and made us all "start over" with our accounts, me and 9Lives were friends and would constantly make jokes on the other's joke and such lol. I've calmed down a little bit on here the last few years though.

I didn't even know he had changed his name to electro until a couple months ago...

Regardless, he was a cool guy and he made some pretty amusing posts lol. Definitely sad to hear all this. And I agree about the news articles, how inconsiderate and classless can they be? This is a human life.

Regardless of the circumstance, a man lost his life. They've got to honor that, but instead they choose to cater to their commie, go-green, save the whales, a horse died audience because that's what's cool now. They have no idea what he was going through to reach that point of despair, so I doubt he would have allowed that to happen to those animals had he been in a stable frame of mind.

I don't want to share my views on what Clif did, but instead, I would like to pay my respects to him. Like I said, he was an awesome guy on here and a great poster. Wish I would've had the chance to meet him in person. And as others have said, if anyone on here is feeling low, let somebody know... I guarantee you someone will be there to help you up.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the family and friends.

RIP Clif, you will be missed. BTW, his 9Lives avatar was hall of fame status.

Archived