• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sad News about a Fellow Huddler

kittycat

This situation is kind of similar to one I went through about 5 years ago. I work at a convention once a year and have been at it since 1995. The head lighting guy and his crew became friends with my (fellow Panthers fan) buddy and I. The last time I saw him at the show, he was in a great mood - he was the number 1 DJ in his town which meant a lot to him, and he was sounding like things were going well.

Then we found out that he killed himself - he was staying in a motel room and lit a charcoal grill and died of CO2 poisioning. We were all totally shocked and in disbelief, because this guy was that guy who was the life of the party, would do anything for you, had tough times but stuck them out...

Turns out that he was extremely bipolar, had been arrested for his 3rd DUI and would have lost his job, Clear Channel had just taken over the other station he mainly competed against, and he also may have just found out he had cancer.

He decided to not burden anyone with his decision, and even mailed out postcards to a few of his friends saying goodbye and clearing up some facts that he knew that the local media would get wrong or sensationalize (!)

One difference here is that he put his pet parrot in his companies van, along with his record and DVD collection that he did not want to get damaged in case a fire or something started in the hotel room (or more likely smoke damaged). We went to Tennesee to visit his grave and see his mom, and found out that our friend was the Kentucky state horse barrel racing champion when he was 18 which I would have never, ever in a million years thought was true, but his mom showed me the pic and the belt buckle.

I never actually met or knew electro so I cannot say what else I would feel about him but I am torn between the idea of suicide as something that only a mentally unbalanced person would do, or something that a person who is perfectly clear about his status in life would do.

I think some kind of flower sent to the funeral home from the huddle would be really nice. Of course anything beyond that is great too.

I'd offer to take care of it all but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to pay pal and stuff like that.

I think some kind of flower sent to the funeral home from the huddle would be really nice. Of course anything beyond that is great too.

I'd offer to take care of it all but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to pay pal and stuff like that.

just set up a paypal account (easy) we can send you $$$ and then you just "withdrawl" the cash to pay for the stuff.

post-85-133194773447_thumb.jpg

Just read this and am stunned. To hear this news about Clifton just floors me. He was a friend who won't be replaced. For all his BS'ing and ranting he would literally give you anything he had. I went through a real rough patch this past summer and he reached out to me with just plain old kindness. Sure do wish I would have had the oppurtunity to have returned the favor. Talked to him about 3 weeks ago. He made some lewd comments about me, told me John Fox sucked , and then made some more lewd comments. It was the highlight of my day.

RIP , ya big knucklehead.

He was definitely a unique guy. But, I was happy and honored to call him a friend.

Given the painful and agonizing death that comes with pancreatic cancer, it definitely does not surprise me to see him go out like this.

it is very painful. someone we know did the same as a result...

I am torn between the idea of suicide as something that only a mentally unbalanced person would do, or something that a person who is perfectly clear about his status in life would do.

In eastern cultures it is often seen as an honorable thing. I never did get the "selfish thing to do" that people always say. You're assuming the person did it to get back at someone else. Sometimes a person feels overwhelmed and they feel they have no control whatsoever over their life and so they seek to control its end. Yes, they are leaving behind people who miss them, but in their mind they are in too deep to get their head back above water in life.

Guest CatofWar

given whats done, people want to honor it????? im out.

You obviously never met the man. I did so just once and knew he was genuine. No loss you not remembering/honoring him.

jbro told me this morn and ive thought about 9lives all day. i went to his house a couple years back and spent the weekend hunting, drinking, eating, and just having a blast. weve kept in contact even though i don’t come on the huddle much anymore. when you got past the hardcore exterior he was one of the nicest people you could meet. i don’t really know what to say other than i really liked the guy and have always considered him a friend. ill miss ya cliff.

Archived